the 181-210 is no more

I was planning to order a 181/210 this week. It sounds like im going to have a hard time getting a cam from you by the middle of march when i need it by. or am i reading this wrong. i am not particular 181/210 or 188/208.

Anybody still have these in stock?

Last edited:
I was planning to order a 181/210 this week. It sounds like im going to have a hard time getting a cam from you by the middle of march when i need it by. or am i reading this wrong. i am not particular 181/210 or 188/208.

Anybody still have these in stock?

Guy on the 1st page said he had a brand new one that he wanted to trade it.. Get his and that'll take care of him and you..

Guy on the 1st page said he had a brand new one that he wanted to trade it.. Get his and that'll take care of him and you..

I saw that but dont want to go PMing people over what looks like its prolly a joke. im still a newbie here and dont want to bother nobody but id buy one even lightly used if someones got one.

PM me if you do

I saw that but dont want to go PMing people over what looks like its prolly a joke. im still a newbie here and dont want to bother nobody but id buy one even lightly used if someones got one.

PM me if you do

Don't worry man.. Most here are cool.
Just contact Zach Hamilton. I'm sure he'll figure something out for ya.

If anybody has a 181-210 that they would like to sell if they are wanting to upgrade to the 188-220, please post up so that people that want the 181-210 can get in touch with you.

We are supposed to have the 188-220 cams by Feb. 24th +/- a few days

Last edited:
Are any of you guys running these on a 12 vlv with a bigger set of twins just kind of thinking about upgraden from my street cam to something a little bigger. Faster spool up would help me out alot. Also how far will these cams pull in the rpm range?

Ron has taken the new 181-210(not the old Colt design) that I am getting rid of to 1200+hp

Ron, RPM range?

this is on a daily driver type set up i just would like it to come on faster but still pull through to 4k or a little more

The 181-210 is now out of stock and will not be ground anymore. The 188-208 will be taking its place. Based on our research, it will provide more bottoom end HP and torque and will hold out longer than the 181-210 did and do all of that while being more efficient.

Zach,
I was told that the 188-220 would be the best for my build. It will come on harder on the bottom end and stay on longer at the higher rpm.

You said that it will make another 20-30hp over the 181-210. Your concern was to make sure I did not have more than .020" off of either the head or the block and it will drop in.

How does the 188-208 compare to the 188-220?

Is the 188-208 a drop in, without any worries for decking issues?

Do you have a good idea when this cam will be available? Cause i might hold out for it.

Zach said around the 24th. Give Zach a call and see if he can put you on a list for it.

Zach

I have a 181-210 in my truck, the engine was built back in 08

Would it be worth the upgrade to the 188-220?

It also has your springs and push rods. Anything new there since 08?

Thanks

Not here yet.

Yes, you would notice quite a bit of difference with the 188-220. Our new 181-210 was 12-15hp over the old 181-210 we developed with colt, the one they still use.

Our 188-220 has made more than 35hp more than the Hamilton 181-210 we designed with higher lift. The 188-220 should make 40hp or more over the old Hamilton/colt 181-210 with the low lift, if you have additional fuel and air ready for it. That's what we saw with a 66-74-16 on a stock head with 120hp injectors.

Cast and they are here. Please. We will not be taking any new orders today as we will give preference to those who have place previous orders.

Thanks,

Zach