The 24V Failed Emissions!! WTF?

AMMO22

BANNED
So my wife took her truck to have the emissions test done on it. The "test giver" said "your truck fails because there is no muffler and the exhaust has to run all the way back". What the hell, can they just make up laws as they go or is that a legitimate failure? I though the law is the exhuast has to exit behind the cab (and it does) it just doesn't exit on the side.

She has a weedburner exhuast right now, but that should fail her truck. After the guy told her the exhuast had to run all the way back, she said its getting a stack in a couple days, she said he had the "idiot" look.

AMMO22 said:
So my wife took her truck to have the emissions test done on it. The "test giver" said "your truck fails because there is no muffler and the exhaust has to run all the way back". What the hell, can they just make up laws as they go or is that a legitimate failure? I though the law is the exhuast has to exit behind the cab (and it does) it just doesn't exit on the side.

She has a weedburner exhuast right now, but that should fail her truck. After the guy told her the exhuast had to run all the way back, she said its getting a stack in a couple days, she said he had the "idiot" look.

Thats why my truck gets it's inspection at the Dodge dealer. They are in awe at the sounds it makes and don't care about dark tint or if there is a muffler. Since when do you have to have a muffler?????

I used to live in Tucson. They are smoking crack..

The law is behind the cab and nothing about a muffler, just a cat. Stupid people. I would go to a different place and you should go with her. He was probably being a dic* because she was a girl. Stupid people.

sootman said:
Since when do you have to have a muffler?????
I know the law used to be that by federal law the turbo acts as a muffler, it may have changed.

hpprose said:
I used to live in Tucson. They are smoking crack..

The law is behind the cab and nothing about a muffler, just a cat. Stupid people. I would go to a different place and you should go with her. He was probably being a dic* because she was a girl. Stupid people.
Thats exactly what I was thinking, she said he looked at her like she was a dumbass. And on a 99 there didn't put cats on them at the factory, so I think we are exempt from that (hopefully).

I just got a call her stack is in, I need to pick it up, we'll see what they say tomorrow. LOL

I know in texas the law used to be that a turbo acted as a muffler but not anymore. They changed it last year. All vehicles are required to have a muffler, gas or diesel. Might be the same there? I know nothing has been changed about how the exhaust exits other than behind the cab.

AMMO22 said:
Thats exactly what I was thinking, she said he looked at her like she was a dumbass. And on a 99 there didn't put cats on them at the factory, so I think we are exempt from that (hopefully).

I just got a call her stack is in, I need to pick it up, we'll see what they say tomorrow. LOL

Diesel has to pass the emission for the year it was built...meaning you have no emissions to pass. That guy is a jackass. Probably jealous she is driving that truck and he is driving the 1984 Honda Civic parked around back!!!:hehe: LOL

Ask your exhaust guy where he emissions his trucks or who he recommends. Some of those guys just don't understand.

This is why I was jealous of my friends who lived in Marana. (No emissions back then, I don’t know if they have them now or not. Probably with how much they have expanded.)

hpprose said:
Ask your exhaust guy where he emissions his trucks or who he recommends. Some of those guys just don't understand.

This is why I was jealous of my friends who lived in Marana. (No emissions back then, I don’t know if they have them now or not. Probably with how much they have expanded.)
Nope, no emmisions in Marana still. Only in metro Tucson and Pheonix. I want to move up there but the wife says its too far to drive to base. I've done all of our exhaust on both trucks. I can find someone who would know the answer locally. Thanks guys.

My dad still lives in Picture Rocks (by Marana High) (basically on the other side of the western hills) and he drives 1 to 1 1/2 hours every day to work and back. He works at Grant Road Lumber by the base. Your right, its far.

well considering there is no cat on a 24v from the factory, and there should be no law requiring a muffler, unless he tests the noise level and says its too loud.

also its exiting behind the cab so thats legal as well.

sounds like that guy is a tard, and i agree he prolly drives an 84 honda.

I thought my thinking might have been right about the law saying it must exit behind the cab and no cats until 2003. I'll give it a try myself and let me try to BS me

I'm confused....Here in GA there is NO emmisions testing for Diesels.......

I didn't know that any state had them.........

I removed my CAT but kept the straight through muffler from Volant...was thinking of puttinn in a straight pipe in place of it........How much of a sound diff is there on a common rail.........

I guess it'll never sound like a 12V.......Oh Well

Big Swole said:
I'm confused....Here in GA there is NO emmisions testing for Diesels.......

I didn't know that any state had them.........

I removed my CAT but kept the straight through muffler from Volant...was thinking of puttinn in a straight pipe in place of it........How much of a sound diff is there on a common rail.........

I guess it'll never sound like a 12V.......Oh Well

CR sounds way better than a 12V. Staight pipe sounds the best. There are no emissions testing here in Houston....and we are following those yahoo's in California.:bang

sootman said:
CR sounds way better than a 12V. Staight pipe sounds the best. There are no emissions testing here in Houston....and we are following those yahoo's in California.:bang

Love your Avatar BTW......I worked for Glock Inc. for 9 years.........I feel the same way.......

I have a bumber sticker shaped like the yellow caution signs and it says..."WARNING, Driver only carriers $20 worth of Ammunition!"

My tag bracet says...." Too Close For Missles, Going to Glock!"

Big Swole said:
Love your Avatar BTW......I worked for Glock Inc. for 9 years.........I feel the same way.......

I have a bumber sticker shaped like the yellow caution signs and it says..."WARNING, Driver only carriers $20 worth of Ammunition!"

My tag bracet says...." Too Close For Missles, Going to Glock!"

I love watching tail gaters brake dive after reading the sticker. I bought my first DE in Israel during the first gulf war. I have owned all of them. Sorry Ammo22 for getting off subject, but I think you can appreciate it.:Cheer:

Thats fine, I got my questions answered.

I don't have a DE, but I did pick this side up. I love it

sootman said:
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
There ain't nuthin sounds better than a 12V.