The 24V Failed Emissions!! WTF?

nothing sounds better than a 12v spooling an 80mm or larger turbo at 4500+ rpms but i have to admit, i like my fathers CR straightpiped with cat still in place even better than my own 24v with 6" stacks...

at idle his truck is just so deep sounding and when you get on the pedal it has a throaty roar that i just love to hear when i drive it!

Wanna have a sound contest???? You guys are in denial!!!! CR is here and taking over!:rockwoot:

Blow that, gimme a 24V with a 5" straight pipe any day of the week...when you get on it the whole county knows about it :evil

sootman said:
Diesel has to pass the emission for the year it was built...meaning you have no emissions to pass. That guy is a jackass. Probably jealous she is driving that truck and he is driving the 1984 Honda Civic parked around back!!!:hehe: LOL

84 honda i was thinking more like a AMC pacer you know the old fish bowl on wheels LOL

A 12V sounds like a mechanical circle jerk...CR's alot better.

you guys just gotta have everything nice huh? My neighbor just got an 07 from the dealer (5.9) he's got a pocket full of money so he bought one all lifted and painted up from the dealer...must have some kind of exhaust...but it sounds god awful. My 12v straight pipe sounds good from any distance. From about 1/4 mile his sounds like a bunch of bolts rattling around in a coffee can. Lets look on the bright side ya'll...none of ours are as bad as the perpetual fart you get from a straightpiped powerstroke.

2001shrtbedcmns said:
you guys just gotta have everything nice huh? My neighbor just got an 07 from the dealer (5.9) he's got a pocket full of money so he bought one all lifted and painted up from the dealer...must have some kind of exhaust...but it sounds god awful. My 12v straight pipe sounds good from any distance. From about 1/4 mile his sounds like a bunch of bolts rattling around in a coffee can. Lets look on the bright side ya'll...none of ours are as bad as the perpetual fart you get from a straightpiped powerstroke.

Duraslack has that sweet "fart" sound too.:hehe:

ok, that makes me feel a little better. at least you guys are just picking on the Power Strokes. (2 words not 1)

hpprose said:
Now why do you have to go there? That's just wrong
passed one on the interstate with a six inch tip...looked like four inch. I know it was a straight pipe...pffft pffft pffft...kinda made me jealous that I can't rip em like that.

sootman said:
Wanna have a sound contest???? You guys are in denial!!!! CR is here and taking over!:rockwoot:
Yea...1/4 mile at a time.

Billysgoat said:
Blow that, gimme a 24V with a 5" straight pipe any day of the week...when you get on it the whole county knows about it :evil
I happen to like my 24V with 5" straight dual miters loud and with a load sounds like an 18 wheeler with 8" bullhaulers straight I love it

2001shrtbedcmns said:
Lets look on the bright side ya'll...none of ours are as bad as the perpetual fart you get from a straightpiped powerstroke.

hey now!!!! don't even go there:badidea: . i happen to think my powerstroke sounds awesome with the 5" haulers on it!!!!! but i also think that the CR's sound aweful as well... one of my friend's has one and it is just plain annoying when he gets on it. my powerstroke sounds much better than a common rail. i actually hate the sound of the 6.0 powerstrokes too, but thats just my $.02

lukesdiesel said:
Nothing sounds better than a 24V Cummins with Stacks....
I agree i raced a straight piped CR the other night and yes i got him, they just dont sound right.