The best Intercooler??

to my limited knowledge an intercooler isnt a "straight" through piece of pipe, there is always going to be some kind of restriction. The better the design the less restriction, yes some companies may have a larger intercooler but does this normally mean that there is less restriction? i would think it depends on what you are comparing it too. If you a comparing it to another aftermarket unit then i think the differences in pressure drop and air temp become kind of null, here is where quality of workmanship and cost come into play. Any aftermarket cooler that has a greater surface area and less restriction than that of the stocker should benefit you. Just pick one and do a write up on your findings, ...thats my $.02

I like my bd intercooler, they claim it flows 1500 cfm with less then 1psi of pressure drop. Id say thats pretty good. Hope this helps.

the best Intercooler??

maddog_madden,
You said you have a BD unit. How much did it cost?
Did you use the boot kit ?
How about boost lose?
Thanks,
WAYNES WORLD

im suprised no one mentioned hellmann intercoolers. very nice fit and finish work very well and not to pricey.

I did some testing on the Spearco intercooler for the CRD dodge.
Charge air(out of turbo) 463 deg. F
Into the engine(out of the intercooler)103 deg. F
Ambient temp was 84 deg. F
Highest pressure drop measured .28 psi @ 45psi Boost
With the A/C on the the Temp into the motor went up 14 deg. F
As well as the spearco unit held those temps for about an 8 mi. hill GVW 15800lbs So heat soak is no longer a problem like it is with the stock unit.

the best Intercooler??

Turbonetics TQ,
This is what I'm talking about:Cheer:

Why can't we get more detailed info like this so we can better judge our potential purchases ???:snoop:

Thank Youy,
WAYNES WORLD