The Build is done !

C.A.P

The rebuild of my engine is finally done. Merchant Auto did the rebuild and install. We did Crower rods, Keyed the cam and crank, Decked the heads, line honed and bored the block .020 over, installed main studs and head studs. Installed new Merchant proprietary cut pistons.The BD turbo was not going to power this new set up as much as I wanted. After some deliberating ..... I went with a GT 4094 from PPE. This turbo will be installed this week and hopefully we will have the engine running by the end of the week.

I think this set up, with the right tunning , should net around 700hp with a daily drivable truck. I am excited to get it back and beat on it

These rental vehicles will too...

I'm jealous! Hopefully I'll send my truck off to Merchant some time early next year. I still have to get ahold of you about that, and if you get a chance check your messages.

Cool! I remember when you were on the fence about fixing it. Care to post or PM a very rough price so I can prepare a buddy?

Well after being away from my truck for 4 months it was good to sit in it and drive it again. Merchant Auto did a complete detail of the exterior and interior with a very nice tire shining to it . (hell its worth the drive to Holland just to get the cleaning )

The engine compartment was all cleaned up and looked as good as it ever has. The new turbo fit in there nicely with a few tweaks from Blake at Merchant's. The 4094 has very little lag, and when it comes on its a two hands on the wheel deal after that. I see 45lbs boost, egts are good. There is room for fine tweaking this turbo set up and engine build but its strong as hell until you decide to let out of it. Shifts are crisp and fast.

We did put a new Silverline exaust on as the Magnaflow had run its course. It sounds much better and has none of that drone .

This year should be a good year for C.A.P and the Black-max ..........

I hope I never have to wear the necklace again !

Hmm stick shift ............NO Issues with trans tunning,...........I can feel like a real HILL-Jack and listen to Jerry Reed , while driving............." East Bound and down Rolling up and trucking", ..........Get me a big old Hurst T handle and speed grind my shifts . If I put another dime into this thing I may be singing " She got the gold mine ...I got the shaft "

Ill see If I can get some pics up !

I was able to take a ride in CAP's truck the other night after it got finished and it runs very nice. Glad you got that exhaust replaced it had a bad tone at cruse speeds.

Congrats, sounds mean!
Ps, yeah, get some pics of the new engine bay, etc up. I am sure many of us would love to check it out.

Congratulations on getting the truck done. I should have the motor back from SoCal Diesel middle of next month. Hopefull my engine build will end like yours and everyone will be happy.