The converter shop rocks!!!

Jeff2

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Last week we finished up the converter shop, and built a few testers, a triple disc, a single and put a new seal in an ats five disc. they all worked didnt leak, or vibrate! I expected at least one of those. This converter shop is a great addition to my operation, now I can take Phil a converter for a refresh and install it the same day! We went for a week of converter school up at terrys place working in his shop, and learning the do's and don'ts! we are lucky getting in to this with good supervision! We will be testing some new internal pieces in our single disc in my drag truck before the triple. Phil and I will be doing a lot of transmission installs over the next month or so, getting the product ready. I will keep you guys posted on the hot rod stuff coming soon!:rockwoot:

Folks!!! This is the new era in Diesel Converters and Tranny's!!

Having a one stop shop like this is going to be awesome for quality and fast turn around!!

The Garmon Performance and customer service is only getting better!!!!

glad to hear it up and running Jeff. Next is to build a track behind your shop :rockwoot: No more hour drive just to make some passes.

Is there a name for the new undertaking or is it still....

The Sofaking trans shop LOL

It is just a very expensive hobby at the moment!! and it is a lot of fun cuttting stuff apart!!

We had a great mentor. I was very pleased with the results when we took the first one for a test drive. Yes this is cool and there will be cool things to come!!

you guys make me want to start leaving at 30psi of boost. I'd guarantee myself the need to come down for a visit LOL

You should post some pictures of the operation.... well laid out and clean !!

Sounds awesome!

Lavon

Last edited by a moderator:
So Jeff can I send you this triple disk Ford converter so you might be able to make it work on my Dodge?

So are you going to be offering up your own line? I'm a little far away for a nice drive but would like to experience one of these trans due to all the good talk about them.

I have several pics of the new converter shop that I will get up soon as mi computer comes back to life... Posting from a blackberry kinda sux.

Jeff and Phil's new operation is top-notch. I was able to see some of the skunkworks stuff that they had planned and it is super badass! Jeffs upgrades are already legendary, and now with the ability to test new ideas in real time, the possibilities for innovation are limitless.

i may have to make the 1000 mile drive down to georgia in the summer to see all of this sofaking stuff, and what it can do for me and my truck in the 1320.

So Jeff can I send you this triple disk Ford converter so you might be able to make it work on my Dodge?

It might be a hunk of junk its been sitting around for a while, but its been covered up, I will try to get it out this week. I will send my # with it too. Thanks Trapper

Your tranny kicks azz.. If you have converter tricks, I'd be more than up for trying it..

I'd like to talk to you about a 47rh for the camaro..

Back