the future of diesels is looking sad and expensive

I know it is Dave and I never said you'd do anything you shouldn't. You understand mods more than most dealers which is why I said that. I also think most understand you're not going to fix something they modded. It does seem you've changed your tune a bit though. I didn't think your posts were for DOF only but, maybe they are ? It was some interesting info and I thought others may like to read about it.

Still good info nuntheless! Everyone used to drive Diesel's because they were cheaper! Now it seems like you have to be rich to own and maintain one! The Gov. has caught on quick and they will keep sqeezing till they get voted out on too the street! I think all of the gov. motors should offer to sell BRAND NEW vehicles, with no warranty , at a discounted price. Then they should not restrict them with the same emmissions requirements!

THANKS, ARON

I know it is Dave and I never said you'd do anything you shouldn't. You understand mods more than most dealers which is why I said that. I also think most understand you're not going to fix something they modded. It does seem you've changed your tune a bit though. I didn't think your posts were for DOF only but, maybe they are ? It was some interesting info and I thought others may like to read about it.

It is some good info and I should have shared it here as well...But I did want members to understand my stance on mods...

It is some good info and I should have shared it here as well...But I did want members to understand my stance on mods...

Sorry, I tried to modify my last post, but didn't see that option. The reason I explained my stance on mods is because a member of this forum whose truck I have never worked on, called a regional manager for Dodge and told him I was mod friendly. I got a call from my District Manager asking about this accusation. I explained my stance to the DM and that was the end of it. But I did not understand why someone who I met 1 time and had never had his truck in my shop would try to get me in trouble.. Maybe he had issues with another Service Manager or maybe he is just an a-hole, Don't know and really don't care.
This was a guy I met at a Comp D event that I co-sponsored. I spent very good money to help this forum and 1 guy crapped all over it.

Sorry, I tried to modify my last post, but didn't see that option. The reason I explained my stance on mods is because a member of this forum whose truck I have never worked on, called a regional manager for Dodge and told him I was mod friendly. I got a call from my District Manager asking about this accusation. I explained my stance to the DM and that was the end of it. But I did not understand why someone who I met 1 time and had never had his truck in my shop would try to get me in trouble.. Maybe he had issues with another Service Manager or maybe he is just an a-hole, Don't know and really don't care.
This was a guy I met at a Comp D event that I co-sponsored. I spent very good money to help this forum and 1 guy crapped all over it.

Thats terrible! I have bought a truck from you guys and modded it, but when the trans. went out I paid out of my pocket. I knew that if I broke the truck, it was up to me to fix it, period. I hope that you guys don't have any further buisiness with that character. There is alot to be learned from the dealerships, but most people think they should screw you first, so you got a bad wrap on that one. But there are plenty of good reasons to call it a STEALERSHIP:kick:

That is pretty chitty Dave. Believe me, I know your job is on the line if you dare mess with a modded truck. You and the owner though, have a better understanding of what we do unlike most dealers. My local dealer sees me making the turn into their shop and they've already turned me down. One time it was for just what you mentioned.... my Nav radio died and they denied coverage. Went to another dealer and it wasn't a problem. I think I even talked to you about that.

Anyway, don't let one jack a$$ spoil the useful info you provide to the community :Cheer:

sadly, i dont think ill own a truck newer than a '10. and even at that it wouldnt be for a few years.

Garrett