The Great Fueling Box Debate.....

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
I run a Edge Comp -Drag version fueling box. Have been toying with the notion of either changing it, or adding another box into the mix for a stacked combo....

Which is the best box across the board?

What box or stacked box combo do you have? Have you done back to back tests with your set-up ?

I really would like to try a Redline/Edge stack combo..... Anyone care to comment on this set? Is there a better set? :bigsmile:

I want to stack the Smarty with my FMS. You will love the adjustability of the Blue Chip.

Your gonna want to check and see if that will work, I don't think the Smarty can be stacked..

I believe it can be stacked with a fueling only Box? arent there several folks stacking with a TST?

You can stack the Edge Comp with a Smarty. just use the non timing settings on the Smarty.
Thats what i'm planning on doing.

I've heard the Smarty/ TST stack is the shiznit. However I already own a Drag Comp so....
I'll be running by Industrial Injection here in a couple weeks to give the Smarty a test run. I havent done it yet as I'm REALLY concerned that I'll love it and not have the money to purchase the dang thing then I'll hate driving my truck till I get the Smarty.
I keep saying "I dont own a truck, I have a diesease".

dan

Have Brett load smarty in and dont go back :doh: Brett also had the common rail smarty on his 04.5, he could of taken you for a ride

Last edited:
Thats the plan Bob, I just dont want to "test" it untill I can either be REALLY close to being able to purchase or Purchase on the spot.

dan

I think the trick to your question was "best across the board". That's the hard one to answer. For the type of racing I do (bracket, Pro and Sportsman classes), it hard to beat a drag comp. We have done some testing with various other combos (including stacks), but for consistent overall performance I liked the drag comp best. If you had a truck that was used in a heads up class then a Redline/ez combo would offer better performance. Some of the combo's that offer more fun on the street, actually performed worse at the track. Mainly at the top end, but consistent spoolup, while building boost, can also be an issue. While I bracket race, top end performance is still important. IMO, having a truck/car that mph's at the top is the easiest to win with. A TST/ez combo would be a close second to the drag comp, IMO. Not as friendly on the street though...

Paul

i posted this on another thread so i just copied and pasted it...

i stacked a smarty level 8 on top of my comp at the drags and got like 2mph and no 1/4 mile E.T. improvement, just more smoke, the next weekend i installed my TST and lost 3 tenths to the comp, so i stacked the comp (ez mode) on my TST and got the 3 tenths back.. what i did see with just the TST and my injectors is that i got about 200 degrees hotter with slower times, so i went back to just the comp.

here are the results...

COMP only-14.3
COMP/SMARTY-more smoke 14.3
TST/COMP (EZ)-14.3
TST - 14.5

never got a chance to stack the TST smarty as i was borrowing it...

with that being said what kind of improvement should i see with the drag comp upgrade?

I tried a FMS ,HOT juice , smarty and a redlline , at one time i had the juice for timing along with smarty then used the redline for fuel ,, now i have just the redline and smarty , I think a edge box is best , im trying a TST comp out and see what it does,, but when u turn the boxes up from what iv seen is more EGTS and more back pressure no more hp gain that would justfy helping . A really good injector will b your best best . I run my redline on 72% anything over that it just gets hot and Boost is the same , getting a bigger pump for my water injection we'll c what that does as far as egts then i might up the %

Back