The half ton and a SR-71 Blackbird

jeepin87

2011-06-12_14-44-18_59.jpg

Took the pic on Lackland AFB, TX.

Man, everyone is going sensor op these days. Maybe I'll look into that instead of vehicle ops.

So you're the one that bought the truck that I SOO bad wanted a ride in! Haha, congrats on getting ahold of that thing. I was talking to the previous owner when building my half ton, gonna try and pick up the tranny he has laying around.

220296_1795303320268_1170240079_31685363_4578006_o.jpg
[/IMG]

:rockwoot: Yep I snatched it up! I've known him for a long time, it was the first truly fast diesel I had ridden in. The trans that was in it is very stout, shifted great and crisp. I put a different one in with different shift points and a little different setup. To be honest I like the other one better! Garmon and Morrison know what they are doing with these things!

Good luck with your build, don't be too worried about the rear-end until you run slicks. These 9.25 are beefy, same size shafts that my old dana 60 had. One thing I recommend is using 3/4 ton springs in the front so it doesn't dive under braking. Aaron cut a coil on these with -2 inch drop spindles, it sits perfect and rides pretty decent. I have to dial in the caltrac bars but other wise this things rocks! I can't fully get into it until 70-80mph without the rear end breaking loose. It truly is a sleeper.

Hit me up with any questions.

Jordan

Man, everyone is going sensor op these days. Maybe I'll look into that instead of vehicle ops.

Ops world is where its at man! Coming from maintenance where leadership doesn't give a chit about you to the Ops side of things...well, I can't really describe it. I just graduated the first school and just got to Randolph for the second. I'm loving it so far.

Ops world is where its at man! Coming from maintenance where leadership doesn't give a chit about you to the Ops side of things...well, I can't really describe it. I just graduated the first school and just got to Randolph for the second. I'm loving it so far.

Yeah, right now, everything looks more appealing than security forces. I'm just trying to get out of 80hr work weeks. Even 60 hr weeks would be awesome, because I'd still make the same paycheck!! I'd have so much time I wouldn't know what to do with it.

How long was the tech school?

Yeah, right now, everything looks more appealing than security forces. I'm just trying to get out of 80hr work weeks. Even 60 hr weeks would be awesome, because I'd still make the same paycheck!! I'd have so much time I wouldn't know what to do with it.

How long was the tech school?

I'm just now starting the second school, the first school was only two weeks. It's a washout course for those who aren't dedicated and don't put forth any effort. This next course is about a month and a half. Thats all I know for now.

SNOOT= Nice first gen! Some cool planes too. Where is that? Smithsonian?

Back