The quest to cure death wobble

Different axles. I know you know, but I known plenty of people not having problems with 2 nd gens. But I had 2 other guys in my battalion go through the exact scenero I did with their third gens

I know I know. Still know way to many people running BFG's on 3rd gens with no death wobble. Enough that I'm comfortable in saying its not the issue because I know it's not the issue. BigNasty and biggy hit the nail on the head. I'm surprised I don't have dw with a leveling kit and 130k mile old steering setup and worn out toyo's.

What caster have you guys ended up with? I'm on 4 degrees and it won't return to center appropriately.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

update, i took the truck in for an alignment at les schwab tires and they quoted me 337.00 for new parts, i asked the tech to show me the worn parts and he just said he couldnt get enough castor once i showed him they are all new parts. Still had death wobble. I then put some superlift control arms for a 4 inch lift under the truck and set the castor plates at the 2 o clock setting towards the front of the truck and it drives and handles alot better with no death wobble at all. I lowered the air pressure with same results no death wobble. So my conclusion is it is not tires that cause death wobble. So before spending a bunch of money and time on every part under your truck make sure the axle is centered front to rear as castor plays a huge role in death wobble. Also i think i would avoid the ball joints with the offset and just get the right length control arms. Anything over 2 inches of lift i would do the drop pitman arm and track bar drop bracket or longer track bar.

It's been widely known for years that adding more caster on these trucks helps cure/prevent/stave off death wobble.

It's been widely known for years that adding more caster on these trucks helps cure/prevent/stave off death wobble.

Yes but on several trucks the castor is maxed out along with the offset ball joints and it is still not enough so the fix is for sure longer or adjustable control arms. The other point is BFG tires do not cause death wobble even though it can sometimes be masked with a 10 ply tire.

I've always known that BFG's don't cause death wobble. Other places on the internetz think I'm crazy though.