The right turbo

DAT DOOD

Anyone have any advice on a good turbo for my '03 6sp weekend warrior? Looking for a little more on top, but wanna keep the stockish spool-up. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

64/71/13ss that would be a great charger to get the top end and still pull trailers and have fun with
well at least the 64 charger i have is great

64/71/13ss that would be a great charger to get the top end and still pull trailers and have fun with
well at least the 64 charger i have is great

Thanks for the reply. Where did you get yours from? How much was it? I'm quite interested in another charger b/c mine is about taxed w/ mods and has 375,000 miles on it. That's not a typo; and yes, she still runs like a raped ape. hehehe

i got my charger from Hightech turbos but if your really looking for a turbo check out the vendors

i deal alot with wicked diesel the prices are great and he wont BS you at all go tot he vendor forums and ask for price on a turbo.

you might even concider an 62 instead of a 64 so you can still tow a little better with the 62 less lag than the 64

My vote 62/71/12

i second that vote...I have a 64/71/13ss am i am not happy with it at all...Yes if i wanted a dyno king it would be great, but i have a 40ft toyhauler i cannot pull with this turbo on my truck so i am trading for PS62...there is a thread called 64/71/13ss that i started, you should read it b4 u go out and buy a 64....just my two cents

62 or 64 thats pretty tuff to make you mind up my 64/71/13ss had no trouble spooling at all but i had a smarty on so it had lots of low end fueling

Why not go with something like the MPI twins that utilize the stock turbo over an s400. More $$$, but if you tow, twins are the way to go. Stock like spool up with more boost. Get head studs though!

Why not go with something like the MPI twins that utilize the stock turbo over an s400. More $$$, but if you tow, twins are the way to go. Stock like spool up with more boost. Get head studs though!

He has an 03... so depending on build he has either a HY35 or HE341... neither very good for the "stocker over s400" unless he sprung to get the "stock" he351.

I would vote Garrett GT3082 stage 2... a nice little turbo good to 500hp and will spool as fast... or faster than your stock turbo.

He has an 03... so depending on build he has either a HY35 or HE341... neither very good for the "stocker over s400" unless he sprung to get the "stock" he351.

I would vote Garrett GT3082 stage 2... a nice little turbo good to 500hp and will spool as fast... or faster than your stock turbo.

Me bad!!! Didn't read the signature!!!!

i say a 64 just because he has a 6spd if you get a 62 you might want to upgrade and from what i have read you can go up a size in the turbo if you have a 6spd because you can keep it in the power band better than a auto

me i am going for at least a silverbullet 66 or a5k when my tax return comes in

Anyone have any advice on a good turbo for my '03 6sp weekend warrior? Looking for a little more on top, but wanna keep the stockish spool-up. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

I would go with a 62 of some sort. Unless you plan on going with a stronger clutch there is no need for the extra turbo size. You will just be blowing the clutch loose if you plan to use the 64 to its potential. Plus a 62 is alot cheaper than any type of 64.

Ok, so I know I need either a 62 or 64 trim. Twins are pretty much outta my budget, so we'll stick with a single. As for the clutch, it blew a factory replacement with what I have now, so I already upgraded to a SBC CON OFE. My buddy who is driving the truck (I'm still in Iraq) has it almost broken in. What are the pro's n con's between the 62 and 64?

without injectors I wouldn't consider a 64-71. If you don't plan on Injectors or any other upgrades then a 62-65 will spool like stock and be plenty for what you have now or the stage 2 garrett. If you would prefer a little more topend, at the cost of a little more lag then go for a 62-71 or a 64-65 which are comparable in spool and cooling abilities. I've had a 62-65-12 and it spooled like stock but when I got injectors then that little 12 housing hated me. I think the 62-65-14 is a great weekend warrior turbo.