The time has come.

i havent forgot bout yall. things have just been crazy round here. motor is all torn down and now cleanin parts and waitin on cam and pump. im excited!
Keith

*** I FIXED YOUR LINKS***

SAM_1637.jpg

SAM_1638.jpg

SAM_1639.jpg

SAM_1640.jpg

SAM_1641.jpg

SAM_1642.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
3,5,6 rods were the bearins with brass showin. the crank has no scarin nor do the rods.
pump is a week out and head is too. all parts are in and now it all goes back together.
Keith

well hell. startin torquein the mains down and stretched 2 main bolts. :doh::doh::doh: now orderin main studs.
Keith

Make sure you plastigauge those mains when you torque the studs. Usually the studs will distort the journals and will require a line hone. The ones with 14mm studs will. I havent dont any with 12mm studs.

Just a FYI.

i was checkin with plasitc gauge when i strecthed them. arp is back ordered on main studs and i have the encore block and have the 12mm. now waitin on studs.

Gave my mainstuds to my machinest with the block to line hone the mains with the studs. You know what came your gonna go with yet?

i have a hamilton 188/208 ready to slide in.
update. got the a1 h11 studs in. put crank in and torqued it down. now it wont spin. bearins lubed, no plastic gauge in there, no trash under or on bearins. only thing we found is a few of the centerin dowels seated funny and bound the main caps. now waitin on dowels from belgium.
keith

Interesting, Storm block in 97.

Maybe your truck is 98 12V ? :poke:

Make sure you plastigauge those mains when you torque the studs. Usually the studs will distort the journals and will require a line hone. The ones with 14mm studs will. I havent dont any with 12mm studs.

Just a FYI.

14mm main studs are torqued to 175 ft lbs, and 12mm main studs are tq to 125 ft lbs. that extra 50 ft lbs probably helps distort them some

Update. Motor is assembled and in truck. Workin out some kinks with the turbo and downpipe. Gonna fire her tonight. Pics and vids to follow.
Keith.

Following along, I may be attempting something like this in the next couple of years.