The What Did I Miss Thread

Nootch

nosprkreqrd
I was blocked on the work internet and am only catching the last half of the diesel pulls.

What were the notable times, surprises, upsets, and carnage of the day?

So far i heard about a Pro Street 9.3 pass? Banks no showed?

Kept freezing on my computer. Did manage to see a Cali stances 4th Gen break while towing his ghost trailer down the track though.

My truck really needs to get back from the paint shop. Miss going to these events.

The junker drag truck hauled some serious hiney, and Wade Mintern went a holy Batman 9.37 at 145mph in Super Street. Truck was launching crazy hard too, I'm guessing it had something to do with the Pro Mods putting some rubber down. Maggio went 5.69 at 258mph to make all us diesel guys feel bad.....

Don't get me started on the freezing issues! It sounds like it was a good day, I so wished I was there! Congrats to all of the winners!

Kept freezing on my computer. Did manage to see a Cali stances 4th Gen break while towing his ghost trailer down the track though.

My truck really needs to get back from the paint shop. Miss going to these events.

Not only did that lovely truck break, his "boys" then hopped the fence and ran out onto the track. To do what? Fix the transmission that grenaded? Oh well mommy will buy him a new one.

Seemed like a lot of trucks had tuning issues. Yeah it is fun to see fast passes, but who cares when there is nothing in the next lane making a clean pass.

The junker drag truck hauled some serious hiney, and Wade Mintern went a holy Batman 9.37 at 145mph in Super Street. Truck was launching crazy hard too, I'm guessing it had something to do with the Pro Mods putting some rubber down. Maggio went 5.69 at 258mph to make all us diesel guys feel bad.....

What did the junker run?

What did the junker run?

Will ran a best of 10.95 I believe. Not sure on the mph or anything else but it looked to be running strong.

I laid down an 11.85 launching at 25 psi. It cut a 1.68 60' and didn't spin at all. The track was really nice. I did nothing to my truck besides take my tailgate and front bumper off and turn my AirDog up one turn from when I ran my previous best of 12.05 at Sacramento. I just wish I could've gotten a few more qualifying runs to go even faster. Overall it was a very nice event.

H&S made a will it go straight mild pass with a 1.67 60 foot. Ran 9.20 @ 150, had a little issue before the 2nd run.

Probably made a tiny puff of smoke on the dyno and couldn't correct the tuning in time for a pass.

Best guess is they could not get the roots blower to live as a second stage.

Just a guess though. They needed to spray both into the primary turbo, and into the secondary fixed displacement blower.

One amazing pass was Dan Grant in a 4x4 Dmax who ran 10.02 on his first day out.

Not too shabby.

Fun day, good to see everyone again. Pat won the ugliest Hawaiian shirt every made contest. He said he as many more that are even worse :D. Guy Tripp has he's Prostock truck there, really a beautiful truck. He said it should be on the track soon. Best track crew I've ever seen and great track prep. Nice spectator turn out too. Don't know the number but lots of fans in the stands and in the Vendor's booth area. Lots of folks at the pulls as well.

Fun day, good to see everyone again. Pat won the ugliest Hawaiian shirt every made contest. He said he as many more that are even worse :D. Guy Tripp has he's Prostock truck there, really a beautiful truck. He said it should be on the track soon. Best track crew I've ever seen and great track prep. Nice spectator turn out too. Don't know the number but lots of fans in the stands and in the Vendor's booth area. Lots of folks at the pulls as well.

Was his the s10 parked by SoCal Performances booth ?