There in

haz-mat19

Got Jeff to put the new stage three tips on today. Sweet:rockwoot: . It has the same power with the box off, and it smokes like a train with it on:evil . Only question, it sounds kind of loopy at idle, is this normal:thankyou2: .

Should be fine. Bigger stcks can change the idle characteristics. What size did you get?

Thanks Tim, stage thee from Edge, 100hp. I thought they said something about it, but wanted to make sure.

Last edited:
Awesome! I bet with the turbo that truck pulls nicely. Congrats on the new power! :ylsuper:

i wanted to go with the stage 4 from edge the 125hp but i guess they will smoke a hole lot for a daily driver, what do you think

Mine smoke a lot on 3x3, but you have twins so you could probley pull it off.

And Dave yes it does pull niiiice, even more now that the boost leak was found:doh: explains why I had higher EGT's and crappy mileage:badidea:

Now I want to get on the roller and see what I have, any quesses.

Last edited:
330-360, should be in the ball park for ya' Haz.

Twin02, with the air you have available it should not be much of a smoke show once the turbo's lite, and if they are setup right they should lite real quick like :evil Honestly, with twins you should be able to get away with a stage 5, you have a smallish set of twins so 6's might get a touch smokey, but not that bad I would think.

Heck I ran the Stage 4 (125) on my truck with a 62/12 from HTT.
Ya with the box on 5x5 and just bairly on the skinney peddle I could black out the freeway but it was easy to controll if I paid attention.
I was just about to swap in the stage 5's when I decided to sell it.

dan

Jgendr's truck with the same setup but stage 4's hit 375 on David's dyno.

Oh hell, scratch that, you have an aftermarket huffer, bump it about 20-30HP, maybe, the extra air is a big help. You were at Jeff's shop, why didn't you have him stick it on the dyno while you were there?? David have it off somewhere??

thanks for input guys ill see how she is runing real soon the south bend goes in on tuesday she has been down for awhile

You should be abel to put in some decent sticks with the twins. I've running 200+ HP injectors in my DD with twins. I dont leave any smoke unless I want to. And that's with normal driving.

Billysgoat said:
330-360, should be in the ball park for ya' Haz.

If that thing only makes 330-360, park it on the nearest train tracks and throw the keys in a ditch! My bro's 02 was close to that with just an edge box. Billy's just tryin to goat rope ya!

Only question, it sounds kind of loopy at idle, is this normal .

My stage 5's did that. Ran them over to Columbus Diesel. Had them pop tested and pressures set, all better now.

Last edited:
They pop tested them before they where put in. It only really does it when it's cold, after it warms up it is better.

Last edited:
Mine Idles kinda crummy when cold too.. i think it has more to do with ambient temp and USLD than anything