Thinkin about converting. VP vs. P7100 MPGs?

from what I'm hearing from a friend that does conversions on a regular basis, mild steel is working better for him, not to mention cheaper. several friends and I have had a lot of trouble with the stainless, they have all switched over to mild steel, I'm going to try and make these stainless one's work rather than throw another $400 into this rolling nightmare.

I cut the pistons with the intent to lower compression, at that point I was planning to get stupid with this engine. looking back I think I'd have been better off to stay with an SO piston. right now it hazes with any throttle input at all, I think that's either the pistons or the turbocharger I'm running, turbo setup is getting changed within the next couple of weeks and we shall see.

I just had a stainless line crack...replacing it with mild steel. ifa ny others crack, they will be changed to mild steel as well. It's not in the budget to replace the whoel set any time soon.

well i'm certainly glad this came up because I would have probably made the same mistake and gone with stainless myself.

Back