Thinking about buying some 5k gov springs. What are the good ones these days ?

How much fueling do you have ?

13mm ppump, haisley 5K gov springs, 7mm DV, .120" lines, custom 5x22 injectors. For what its worth an airdog 200 went from 60psi at idle to 8psi WOT 4500rpm, I have very little faith in electric supply pumps for a ppump. They look great at idle (60-70psi) and if you try to look at a gauge while driving they seem fine..But the datalogger shows a different story. Electric pump put out way less volume and pressure than advertised.

Electric pump put out way less volume and pressure than advertised.

If there is no chart provided showing flow at specific pressure, then the rating is typically at free flow(0psi). There are electric pumps that are entirely adequate, just not what is popular.

13mm ppump, haisley 5K gov springs, 7mm DV, .120" lines, custom 5x22 injectors. For what its worth an airdog 200 went from 60psi at idle to 8psi WOT 4500rpm, I have very little faith in electric supply pumps for a ppump. They look great at idle (60-70psi) and if you try to look at a gauge while driving they seem fine..But the datalogger shows a different story. Electric pump put out way less volume and pressure than advertised.

Yeah, but we were talking about a non-benched 12mm 180 pump, 5x16's and a FASS260.

You're talking about a 13mm pump, 5x22's and an AirDog200. Your injector nozzles are 89% larger alone.

I still think he's going to be overkill with his setup.

The pump is around 19-20* from when I last set it the dial indicator way in 2015. Stock bolts in the head but I have a set of arp 2000 on the shelf . Where the timing is now was about the max I could use with the winters here. It’s not a daily anymore though

Yeah, but we were talking about a non-benched 12mm 180 pump, 5x16's and a FASS260.

You're talking about a 13mm pump, 5x22's and an AirDog200. Your injector nozzles are 89% larger alone.

I still think he's going to be overkill with his setup.

When you have a calibrated pump you can set to a given cc of fuel output and with a datalogger you can compare RPM at any point in the run and calculate ppump fuel consumption. In my experience the airdog 200 actually put out a little over 120gph at its rated pressure of 60psi. I'm not making guesses here, I have over 70 log records on this engine and have made many passes/hits only changing a single variable and comparing data.

The pump is around 19-20* from when I last set it the dial indicator way in 2015. Stock bolts in the head but I have a set of arp 2000 on the shelf . Where the timing is now was about the max I could use with the winters here. It’s not a daily anymore though

Jasonc ran 9's in a full 4wd truck with an oringed head and overtorqued stock headbolts. I think he runs around 34* timing and low compression.

When you have a calibrated pump you can set to a given cc of fuel output and with a datalogger you can compare RPM at any point in the run and calculate ppump fuel consumption. In my experience the airdog 200 actually put out a little over 120gph at its rated pressure of 60psi. I'm not making guesses here, I have over 70 log records on this engine and have made many passes/hits only changing a single variable and comparing data.

Ohhhh, that's how ppumps and data loggers work...

Jasonc ran 9's in a full 4wd truck with an oringed head and overtorqued stock headbolts. I think he runs around 34* timing and low compression.

I have 18s now lol not much of a jump probably. I got the 260 off a pull truck that went to a gear driven pump. Part of a season on the fass. I’ll run a sump with a return also. The previous owner ran it at 45 psi on haley 5x18s or 5x20s and a 64 over an 80. I also picked up a steed t4 straight flange for 450$ in December.

Looks like haisley has the 5ks on back order. PDD has some 5ks in stock

His name doesn't come up much anymore, but if Haisley isn't available, call Garmon diesel. He had a spring and seat set that a local shop to me used to use. They seemed about the same. And at that time it was around $350 for the set. That was 3 or 4 yrs ago so don't hold me to the price.

And I'm sure pdd could fix you up also.

I called haisley they have them in stock. Talked to PDD and they said my stock pushrods will be an issue before the 60 lb springs

FWIW I ran Haisley, Columbus, and Seths 5ks in a few different pumps. Haisley springs make the throttle a little touchy but manageable. Columbus springs were real touchy, kind of a pain until you get used to them. Seths springs are the best driving by far, they make my 13mm pump drive better than a 12mm pump with Haisley springs.

Back