Thinking about going SS

Lostnwalmart

So i have a problem, i like power lots and lots and lots of power however i cant afford to keep this power running and driving every day. I was in the process of building a set of BIG twins gt4202 over a gt55 and i started to see these ss trucks. The race in Florida happened and i was glued to my phone for updates and how each race was unfolding and amazed when i heard of 3 or 4 in the 10's! so after a lot of thinking i think im going to build my truck into a daily driven 2.6 drag truck IF the rules can be established. There isn't a whole lot i would have to change from what i have now to run in this class and i think it will be a fun class if every one can get the rules strait. This would be the best way for me to limit myself and still have something to strive for.

What do the rest of you guys think? Is this class going to stick around or will it be a fluke? Will the rules ever get finalized, or will it be like sled pulling and all you get are rule changes after rule changes? Is it worth it to stop making balls deep power and go for this or screw it and go as much as I can?

Continue with what you have going. You can always change the turbo setup down the road.

you were glued to the updates because there was a ~$25k pay-out in a new class... it's impressive how quick these guys are going at 6000lbs on a 66mm turbo, but it's not like Marco is going to donate a $23k purse for every SS event :o

Yeah I just need to make a decision lol. I think this would be a good class for a hot street truck

A competitive truck in Super Stock will not be a very comfortable or practical daily driver. Have you ever driven an 800+ hp truck on the road?:poke:

Just send me the twins, and you can come the rest of my parts lol.

you were glued to the updates because there was a ~$25k pay-out in a new class... it's impressive how quick these guys are going at 6000lbs on a 66mm turbo, but it's not like Marco is going to donate a $23k purse for every SS event :o

Remember that most weren't running a 66 but a 2.6 charger.

right well all of this is pointless bickering, do you think the ruels will stay the same and it will be worth it or should i just keep dumping to much money into this thing and go waaayyy to fast?

It's certainly up to you but I don't believe you can rule out a rule change any time soon especially on such a new class. Personally I'd try to go as fast as possible myself. I have just as much fun racing a gas vehicle as I do a diesel vehicle (i.e. you can race wherever whenever you like:)).

So basically this is going to be a very hard class to build for because there are no set rules yet... Awesome

I've been tossing around the same idea dude. Especially since my truck doesn't fit well into any other "class."

I was kind of wondering if one could run a 2.6 as the secondary in a twins set and disconnect the cold pipe to run as a single. Seems a little silly I know, just a thought.

lol i was actually kinda thinking the same thing! then i can still have my big turbo on there

Back