Thinking about going SS

I've been tossing around the same idea dude. Especially since my truck doesn't fit well into any other "class."

I was kind of wondering if one could run a 2.6 as the secondary in a twins set and disconnect the cold pipe to run as a single. Seems a little silly I know, just a thought.

I'd be a bit worried about driving your big turbo at WOT with no load on it. Talk about overspeed!

Id go big or nothing, Deer 86mm over HC5A G Trim.. Baammmm !!

I'd be a bit worried about driving your big turbo at WOT with no load on it. Talk about overspeed!

Hmm. Pretty much didn't think of overspeed. LOL

I guess the whole primary would have to come off and build an adapter down pipe. Which was my original line of thinking.

I do see this as a more affordable way to really get into good racing with a hopped up DD but don't see me being happy with a single 66 on a DD.

Do a front mount primary, like Jepling's twins. Turn the hot pipe from the turbo through the hood. Although I'd imagine people would complain about having two turbos under the hood, even if one isn't in the loop.

So basically this is going to be a very hard class to build for because there are no set rules yet... Awesome

I'm going to attempt to try running this class, TS may be a long shot, but I'll try. I'm just tired of attending pulls locally and having to wait til nearly midnight to pull exhibition or wait til a test and tune. Figured win/win for still racing and pulling.

how much is a good s465? i can always add n2o and a big waste gate or just run my twins and say screw it lol, im going to try my gt4202 soon as a single and see how much better it spools than the hx60 LOL

Last edited:
I say you should definetly go the single route and sell me that GT55 :lolly:

There's no real cheap way to get into racing, but if I were you I would start out with a 66mm and see how superstock works out. If not you can build a set of twins with the 66 and race NHRDA's superstreet or 11.90 index
CompD Mobile Device

Keep in mind mind the 6k weight, I had to add over 600lbs to my 12v 2wd to weigh 6018lbs. If it goes 6500 that may be a problem.

I say you should definetly go the single route and sell me that GT55 :lolly:

I should put the twins on and see if i can catch ya LOL, mike im pumped about next week hope to see the dodge hauls some mail!

Might as well do it, the class is still within the reach of the average weekend racer at this point. Although, in a few months, who knows, things could change.

I would like to see us do a ss class for the Texas diesel shootout where its a monthly thing and we cAn set the bracket there if there is the intrest there.

Back