Thinking of buying a 2010????

DIGGER

Always FOR SALE
How is the mileage?
Any must do mods?
Anything else I should look for?

I don't know what it is about the '10's I've driven, but they seem like the weakest trucks. Ive driven several that felt a lot weaker than the 11's and 12's.

Either way, do deletes and treat it right, you'll be fine.

I just bought my 2010 new year's eve and so far I am really happy with it. Check the U-joints out, all of them. Mine had 39k on the clock and both the front axle joints and the rear driveshaft joints were bad. Good news is I got them covered under warranty. Mine wont get deleted until warranty is up in '15.
I am not disappointed at all for power. My old truck was an 02 HO 6spd with injectors and two boxes stacked together, and at one time had a 66/71/13ss on it, so I was used to some ponies under the hood. I get about 14 mpg back and forth to work, but there are a lot of stop signs, cant really get up and run for a long time. Took it to Louisville for the farm show and got 17 on the highway. Loaded two Jeeps on my trailer and went to Badlands last weekend and it got 10 overall. Not amazing mileage by any means but for the power and how nice the truck is, I am happy with it.

I'm also looking at buying a 2010-2012, but I'm undecided on auto or manual. I'm also concerned with the egr and dpf are these must due deletes or can they be put of till funds are more available? Would like to here some more input. :Cheer:

I had a 6spd manual because the 47re was not what I was looking for in a transmission. After 8 yrs with the manual, I still miss it from time to time, but I am completely happy with how the 68RFE works. The autos have higher HP rating from the factory now, just the opposite what it used to be.
You dont have to delete right away. I wont, for the simple fact of warranty.

Back