Third Gen dodge guys, where did you mount tweeters?

StainlessRRA

Advocatus diaboli
I've finally decided to finish the stereo in my truck and my biggest hold up right now is tweeter mounting. Where did you guys mount your tweeters? Have any pictures? I want to get this right the first time around. Also how much of a pain was it to wire around the factory infinity amp?

i'm guessing your putting in a whole system? from head unit to amps to speakers.

If you doing that getting around the infinity amp should be easy b/c you'll be running new wires...

Which tweeters to you have? In my last truck I put the tweeters under the dash in the spots for them. I'm currently looking for a set of components for the front doors and thinking of putting the tweeters at the top of the door kind of wear the mirrors attach too.

i'm guessing your putting in a whole system? from head unit to amps to speakers.

If you doing that getting around the infinity amp should be easy b/c you'll be running new wires...

Which tweeters to you have? In my last truck I put the tweeters under the dash in the spots for them. I'm currently looking for a set of components for the front doors and thinking of putting the tweeters at the top of the door kind of wear the mirrors attach too.

I've got a touch screen head unit already, and I'm keeping the same subs/amp. So all I'm doing is replacing door speakers but this is starting to sound like a wiring nightmare. I've got kappas waiting to go in that I've had forever.

Nope. Kicker amp and JBL subs currently. The JBLs are just temporary subs after my switch from L7s. I've been looking at new ones, but I don't know what I'll be buying yet.

I used two sets of the Infinity Perfect 6.5" component speakers. A 6.5 went in the bottom of each front door. I made a little plate and put the tweeters in the dash. You can squint and see it:

ry%3D400

In the back, I again put 6.5s in the doors, and put the tweeters against the back pillar.

ry%3D400

There's a 12" JLW6 in the center enclosure

ry%3D400

Crossovers, Cleansweep, and sub amp along the back wall.

ry%3D400

--Eric

I just have RCA's going to my amp, then speaker cables going doors.

I modded my jack stand to hold a piece of wood and my amp went on top of that.

I'll grab some pics and post them up

In My 05 we have the tweeters in the dash up front also.
Here is what we used and while I know its not a huge sound system it does sound very nice.

It uses 2 Polk Audio DB1040 Subs.
I am not sure whose sub box it is because the gentleman who did my stereo did the install got the box for me.They sound amazing and work very well.I credit that to the rest of the system which Wyvon did for me as it has both the loud sound I wanted and the definition also.

Here is the rest of what we installed when we did my system.
Keep in mind I wanted the system to be kept in factory mounting spots as I didn't want to hack up the trucks interior.

Head Unit............Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
Dash Tweeters.....Polk DB1000..(2)
Front Doors........Realm Audio LS69cx..(2)
Rear Doors.........Realm Audio LS6cx..(2)