Thought this was cool....

Nice numbers, good to see someone else making power with a single on a common rail.

What did it make on fuel?

Our best was 1246whp@4250rpm single 88mm (3.46") charger. We didn't ever spray it on the dyno, with a wet block we were too worried it would split a sleeve.

Last edited:
Thanks for crushing my dreams of a flat tappet cam spinning that high. LOL

Shouldn't be any different than a 12V right? There are guys above 5000rpms with tappet cams!

Pretty sweet Chase. When will it be at the track?

Thanks for crushing my dreams of a flat tappet cam spinning that high. LOL
:evil

Nice numbers, good to see someone else making power with a single on a common rail.

What did it make on fuel?

Our best was 1246whp@4250rpm single 88mm (3.46") charger. We didn't ever spray it on the dyno, with a wet block we were too worried it would split a sleeve.
I did not make a fuel only pass. Don't think nitrous helped me much if any because of how little fuel I have to offer right now with these dual stockers. It made 1062hp fuel only on the same tune, stock 6.7 block and cam and a s480. I am in the process of trying to give these sleeves all they can handle, we will see!!

Shouldn't be any different than a 12V right? There are guys above 5000rpms with tappet cams!

Pretty sweet Chase. When will it be at the track?

They might spin to 5k, but do they make peak power there??? :kick:

Thanks a bunch! We are going to run at Scheid but not sure what charger will be on it yet.

How would a sleeved block like a little street time?

Cleggs machine here in Orem does warranty work for Doug smith dodge/ ken garf and when a 6.7 comes in or even a 5.9 comes in with just ONE bad cylinder they sleeve ALL cylinders. Over kill yes, But the point is they do fine in street applications.

Cleggs machine here in Orem does warranty work for Doug smith dodge/ ken garf and when a 6.7 comes in or even a 5.9 comes in with just ONE bad cylinder they sleeve ALL cylinders. Over kill yes, But the point is they do fine in street applications.

We've sleeved a couple motors here as well. Some that have been blown up beyond boring. They are still holding up just fine. And they are daily commuter trucks.

On the technical side, what are the advantages of the sleeves vs non-sleeves?

On the technical side, what are the advantages of the sleeves vs non-sleeves?

If you get really technical, you can spec hardness (material), and thickness. I know some OEMs played around a lot with harder sleeves and rings to try and get tolerances down and help them beat emissions. I think most gave up on that dream though.

If you get really technical, you can spec hardness (material), and thickness. I know some OEMs played around a lot with harder sleeves and rings to try and get tolerances down and help them beat emissions. I think most gave up on that dream though.

:hehe: Thats when Cummins started tightening up the ring end gap is the 325hp CRs and why they are so prone to breaking rings.

Little update...
Put a s480 back on and did right at 1185rwhp...still peaking right around 5000rpm. Swapped to a ported head that still has the factory intake shelf and picked up about 200hp, it did 1357rwhp. I will be putting on a shelf and porting some more to see the gains. Our goal with my truck is to try to get the CR game to be a contender in high RPM applications, making some headway!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-pQxCkqYx8

Crazy! Doesn't even sound like a diesel to me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truck is nasty. saw it as schieds. unfortunate what happened there but def nasty. did not know it was cr....very impressive