Thoughts on larger dia tire on front

bdp

beans diesel performance
Thinkin about throwin some 315's on the front for Schieds and wander if anyone has tried the larger front tire thing. I only have 285's on the back. I need more traction so I can get off the rev limiter.

I would not go with too drastic of a circumfrence difference, but I'd say your on the right track.

I suck at sled pulling but my partner used to rock the sled.... He won 75 hooks straight in the 90's and the idea you are pondering was one of the few things that slipped out of his mouth when bench racing on Crown Royal... I think it may have some merits

beaner, 315's aon all 4 corners screw the dually look

I did not think it was good on the X-fer case to run diffrent size tires front and back????
Brandon

house said:
beaner, 315's aon all 4 corners screw the dually look

Just the front Housy, I have some BFG's at the shop that I can just throw on for Schieds. My problem is I am stuck between not having enough clutch and not enough rpm. I have been pulling 5th lo range and it over powers my clutch out of the hole real bad, has taken as much as 100' to get locked up but at the same time I over power my traction and ride the rev limiter all the way down the track.

Just lookin for a little more traction and speed. My track speeds are around 21-24mph and it about a 32mph gear at the rev limter.

Ryan I think you will put your x case in a bind when running a 35 up front and a 33 ish tire in the back when in 4 wheel drive.

Maybe get rid of the 4:10's or do like house said and run 35's all around whether it be 4 tires or 6.

I only know of one truck for sure that has done something similar. He ran a faster gear in the front with the same size tires on all four corners. This truck was built for a RWYB class with big wheel speed.

Howling said:
Ryan I think you will put your x case in a bind when running a 35 up front and a 33 ish tire in the back when in 4 wheel drive.

Maybe get rid of the 4:10's or do like house said and run 35's all around whether it be 4 tires or 6.

I am worried about the tcase a bit but figure if I am spinnin the tires there wont be any bind. Only gonna do this for the pull then put my regulars back on. 315's kinda worry me I wish I had some 305's or sumthin closer to what I have w/o having to go buy some.

Don't go with a 315 too much difference in my opinion, maybe a 295 or a 305.
I just built a gear calculator in excel. enter tire diameter, and rear end ratio, and you get speed in 1,2,3, from 2500 -4500.

I sold those House, they were 33's but the wheels had wrong lug pattern otherwise I would be putting them on.

Rods said:
1in is about all you want and it will help

Got about a 2" differance, think thats too much eh?

I ran 35/12.50 on front with a 32x12.50 back once and it did fine on the trac, just get them broke loose coming out