throttle position sensor?

goodyg92

diesel junky
i keep getting a code for the throttle position sensor voltage too low. P0122
is the sensor going out or are there other things that could be happening?

when i clear it it will stay cleared but for some reason when i start my truck sometimes(not all the time) it will come on in the past 3 days it has come on probably about 5 times.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cody

I'd calibrate it first. Search for "APPS " or "APPS Reset". You'll find a procedure to do it. You can put my user name as a poster in the thread, maybe that will help you find it.

Maybe the voltage at the ECM is just a little bit out of tolerance on certain occasions. Check that first. The APPS has a sticker on it that shows what voltage should be read at the idle position.

If you don't find it, PM me. I can look it up for you tomorrow.

I'll pm it to ya... I still have it from when Jory sent it to me LOL

thank you Jflagg for sendin that to me.

i went out and calibrated it white tag said .516 and i got it the closest i could to .52. seems to have taken care of the problem. it was .39 when i first started. i will know when i drive it. thank you for the help.

Cody

yes i did itlast night only took about 10-15 min. and it took care of it. when i started it was at .39 and i got it to .52. stickers says .516. feels like better throttle response too, or maybe its in my head. but yes it did work. Thank You.
Cody

ready to make the plunge

My first thread here. Have really watched relevant answers to many problems, Great bunch of guys. I have had an intermittent problem with my TPS as the local Auto Zone analyzer indicates. For about 100K miles I have just needed to push the pedal 1-2 times to regain power & cruise control. I have read threads about those who designed a unit themselves with a simple slide rheostat & microswitch & a fellow named Timbo who sells an $80 unit that will bolt on. Can anyone help as after 215Kmiles , I think it might be time to fix it better than A dealers $500+ assembly including the TPS. I have learned how to live with this problem, but it does happen at the most awkward times. I am also currently redesigning the front hubs that the dealer sells for $250(proprietary Chrysler bearing-swines), with roller bearings & seal with a dust cover for about $105 in parts not including the initial machining which is not major. I have grown tired of Dodges dealers & what seems to be engineers who design in such a way to add cost & less longevity to there products, like a TPS included in an assembly that really does not wear out quickly for approx. $600. The TPS should be available for less, so I am willing to bypass the swines. Any help will be greatly appreciated..:blahblah1: