Thunder in Muncie Returns!

NADM Marketing

Dontnonuthin
That's right the Original Thunder in Muncie is returning on June 26 at the Gaston County Fairgrounds! Under new management by NADM, the original event is taking it back to where everything started over 9 years ago!

Sled pulling this year with all of the NADM points classes.

Attachments

• Thunderflyer.jpg
    Thunderflyer.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 107
What times and order? There is another 2.6" hook within about 20 miles of Gaston that night.

Ron,
So is there going to be drag racing too? The event poster doesn't say anything about it.

Ron,
So is there going to be drag racing too? The event poster doesn't say anything about it.

There is not going to be any drag racing this year. We are trying to revive this race, so we are going to work on the pulls this year. Then bring the racing back after that if we see the turnout for it.

That's disappointing I was looking forward to racing there. I guess I assumed it would have racing from the years past. Hopefully you can get a good turn out and get it back up to speed.

That's disappointing I was looking forward to racing there. I guess I assumed it would have racing from the years past. Hopefully you can get a good turn out and get it back up to speed.

We talked about setting the racing up for this year, but I felt the track was not worth the money they wanted for the day. So we will see how everything goes this year with the pulls.

In redkey. DCTPA pull.

Me and a buddy went to Redkey to pull once and it will be the last. It was advertised as a street truck pull and before we got our trucks off the trailers they came over and told us that we couldnt pull. They said we had to have drive shaft hoops, U-joint shields, kill switches for the sled and they would like for us to have air shut offs. Im not complaining about there rules but if you are going to advertise a street truck pull then let the streetable trucks pull. If it is going to be a run what you brung with alot of safety requirments pull then advertise it that way. How many guys drive there trucks around with all that stuff on there trucks? Im not sayin dont go just be prepared they might throw some safety rules at ya no matter what your truck is. Sorry for the derail.:blahblah1:

Me and a buddy went to Redkey to pull once and it will be the last. It was advertised as a street truck pull and before we got our trucks off the trailers they came over and told us that we couldnt pull. They said we had to have drive shaft hoops, U-joint shields, kill switches for the sled and they would like for us to have air shut offs. Im not complaining about there rules but if you are going to advertise a street truck pull then let the streetable trucks pull. If it is going to be a run what you brung with alot of safety requirments pull then advertise it that way. How many guys drive there trucks around with all that stuff on there trucks? Im not sayin dont go just be prepared they might throw some safety rules at ya no matter what your truck is. Sorry for the derail.:blahblah1:

No problem! They must have been just running the upper classes, read our rules for street class - pretty simple! Safety is a must for us also but we configure it with the power made by the engine. If you have ever seen a turbo blow you would understand the dangers - metal shot through both fenders and hood, out of the exhaust and into the crowd!

It's not pretty when something goes bad, insurance and attorneys makes everyone safety conscious along with not wanting anybody hurt.

Opps I'm derailing now! All classes street to modified are running - download the rules which are used nationwide and see how easy they will be to pull! Just common sense!

Not to derail further, but all of our rules are on our website. DCTPA.com PM me if any questions so we don't use NADM's thread for this.

Not to derail further, but all of our rules are on our website. DCTPA.com PM me if any questions so we don't use NADM's thread for this.

Fair enough. We went over thinkin it was just another brush pull. Like I said, not bashin your rules. Safety should be first hand. I pulled work stock at the natinals that summer and figured I would be good to go there. My Bad.

Back to the thread at hand. Glad to see things come back to Muncie.

Did I mention that placing here qualifies you to run at the AirDog Invitational at the Indy 4x4 Jamboree in September?

Back