Thuren, Carli, Kore, or Lorenz

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
Working on my suspension. Having a hard time deciding between these 4. Truck is a pavement pounder unless I'm at the deer lease. Just want a nice ride and good handling. Shocks will be determined by which springs I go with. Thoughts, comments, wise ass remarks?

I have a carli back country kit on my 07 and I love it. Smoothened out the ride and the reservoir shocks look and work great.

I really don't think you could go wrong with any of the above choices. They are all high quality and have lots of options to suit your needs.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

For high speed offroad, the only choices are Carli or Thuren. For a good road ride with mild offroad, Lorenz is good. Kore is okay all the way around, but their springs generally have a higher spring rate (stiffer). They make nice stuff, but not up to par with the Carli/Thuren route for heavy offroad, and not nearly as customer focused as Sean at Lorenz for the occasional dirt trail common guy.

FWIW, I've had the 2.25 SAW Lorenz kit with full leaves, and the Carli 2.65 Bilstien kit now with trussed axle, Carli BJs, track bar, full leaves, LT air bags, rear bump stops, etc. The 1st gen Dodge I have has some Carli but alot of one-off things that Thuren helped me with.

--Eric

I ran the Lorenz springs with 5100 bilsteins on my 05 dually. The ride quality was much better than stock.

Sent from my XT1080

What year truck, this will make a difference on spring selection and lift you will gain?

Carli/Thuren. Next in line would be Pure Performance.

I am piecing a carli and thuren setup together. Some of each.

I imagine it's for your 08. Looking for a 2",3" or a 6"coils?

Thuren.

I have Carli springs and control arms only because I Thuren hadn't come out with a spring height that I wanted, but now he does. So if I ever change anything again, it will be Thuren.

I do have Thuren's Overland shocks and they are much better than the Bilsteins that they replaced. I was set on getting his Fox's, but had to make a repair that sucked the wallet almost dry.

Does Kore even still make anything? Haven't been over on DTX in awhile but last I heard he had started focusing on race efforts more than product.

Kore does, but there is no new r&d. Its all old tech. The coil spring isolators of theirs are good.

2-3". Truck is a pavement pounder these days. I got a four wheeler for the rough stuff.

If you go 3" you're going to have to do something in the rear to bring it up, mini pack or springs would be best or an add a leaf or hate to say it block. 2" you can get away with leaving back alone.

I have 3" Thuren springs, Kore billet sway bar drops, Thuren track bar, Fox steering stabilizer and Bilstein shocks in the front and a 1.5" add a leaf and Bilstein shocks in the rear.
yjuba2yn.jpg

Would like to do a 6" long arm or radius arm in the future.

The mini pack is on the list for sure. I've got a spacer on the front now and it sits dead level. But I'd like it to be a touch higher all the way around.

If you go 3" you're going to have to do something in the rear to bring it up, mini pack or springs would be best or an add a leaf or hate to say it block. 2" you can get away with leaving back alone.

I have 3" Thuren springs, Kore billet sway bar drops, Thuren track bar, Fox steering stabilizer and Bilstein shocks in the front and a 1.5" add a leaf and Bilstein shocks in the rear.
yjuba2yn.jpg

Would like to do a 6" long arm or radius arm in the future.

Who sells the 1.5" ad a leaf? I need to do this to my dually to get a little rake back in it.

Sent from my XT1080

I don't think the mini packs add lift. Just replace the over loads with a multi spring pack to soften out the ride.

The mini pack does add 1 to 1.5 of lift. I have a thuren setup on my 07 and it is nice but I am looking for more. Thinking about his king shocks next go around.