Thuren crossover vs 09-10 steering linkage upgrade

Mountaineer

Comp D's Doe Killer
Narrowed it down to these two. I've heard some say don't do Thuren's on a DD since the the use of heim joints on steering components is taboo, but I know some people are running it and are happy with it.
What do you guys think ?

I have the crossover setup on my daily driver and I love it. I have had it on there for 2 1/2 years I think with no issues and I drive 60 miles round trip everyday.

I have the thuren on mine and love out. Been on there for 7 years and still running solid. showing no signs of needing rebuilt yet. I am sure tyler probably put over 150k on it and wasn't easy on it either. I have over 25k on it since I purchased it last year.

Ive never heard of either one? I just thought they made a steering stabilizer bar and borgeson steering boxes for these models. I am interested in what u guy are talking about if it helpes with the handling

So ur talking about the steering stabilizer kit? U think they are better than the kind that bolts to the frame and holds the gear box?

I see it now, that looks like a heck of a kit. I was just going to go with the deal that bolts to the frame and the gear box but that looks like it would be better!

Trust me its pretty damn solid. I also have the steering box stabilizer as well.

havent heard about the 09+ kits at all. so not sure what they would do compared to the Thuren one. i just enjoy not having to replace tie rod ends or worrying about any service. the only thing i have to grease is the DSS bearing and ball joints on the front end.

Thuren stuff all the way, with the best steering box you can figure out how to mount.

Thuren steering arms with a 2010+ steering box would be AWESOME on a 2nd Gen.

Chris

Just for those that don't know. Once you go Thuren you CAN'T go back to stock.

I was going to go the Thuren route but after talking with Don Thuren, he suggested I go with the 09+ upgrade for the DD. Can remember all the reasons though, best to give him a call. Great guy to deal with.

I was going to go the Thuren route but after talking with Don Thuren, he suggested I go with the 09+ upgrade for the DD. Can remember all the reasons though, best to give him a call. Great guy to deal with.

Like Mitch said; going Thuren is a life choice as you have to drill the knuckles and pitman arm out, the heim's tend to last longer than the TRE's but on a DD setup there is really no need for such a rigid steering setup. The 08.5 T-style steering upgrade has held it's own and is half the price, not to mention readily available at almost every dealer nationwide.

I just installed the 09-10 steering on my 02. Took about 1 hr to install and a rough alignment. Cost me under $300 shipped to my door. Thuren components are top notch but if you are spending the majority of your time on paved roads, the extreme steering kit is probably overkill. Just my humble opinion.