ticking?

We could try that.
I've listened to engines over the phone before, and that doesn't work.
I don't think a video would be much better to be honest.
It would be interesting to hear this tick though.
Post it up.

just an update when I press in the primer bulb behind the injection pump the noise goes away till I let off the black primer bulb...

Just a update,I finished my fuel system which also deleted the factory pump & ticking is gone!It has to be something in the mechanical pump!

When you install a fass 150-180 1010 do you remove the factory fuel filter housing that the return lines go into ? And remove lift pump?

I did.I do not know what # FASS I have but it was a 150 & just upgraded it to the 200 & put the 45psi return spring instead of the 22psi it use to put out.#10 from tank siphon to injector pump & #6 3/8" to the regulator return with a T to hook the injector return into.It must have wanted more fuel cause it would run 1580* egt before with the #50 water injection jet I have & now 1770*.Needed more fuel!:hehe: Boost at 97 now 94 before.:what:

it's the lift pump... you can also hear the ticking traveling down the steel fuel line back to the tank on most 12v's... you can often hear the noise coming up from between the cab and bed.

I've replaced lift pumps and had brand new ones tick... it's part of the 12v charm I suppose :)

9812VCTD said:
Mine does the same thing....learned just to ignore it.

Justin

My 05 does the same thing......I figure if theres something wrong, It wouldn't run right.........so far, no prob..........

It is annoying though!!!!!!!!!!!! Comes and goes.....MAINLY ON START UP OF A COLD ENGINE..........weird!!!

Last edited:
I crawled underneath my truck, I have decided to say it is the Lift Pump, mine does the same thing.

9 LIVES said:
just an update when I press in the primer bulb behind the injection pump the noise goes away till I let off the black primer bulb...

It's more than likely the lift pump.

anoying as heck, i hate that noise it sounds like a small hole in the exaust system. It sure makes a "clean sounding truck" sound like a hoopty

Mine was doing the ticking sound to near the lift pump until yesterday when I start running on 5 cylinders and blue fuel smoke out of the exaust, a push rod goes out of the rocker arm. The intake lock nut on the rocker arm goes away on cylinder 3.

Check your valve adjustment hehehhe