timing question????

rattlebox93

i have a 93 i/c it has a 366 spring intake cooler tubz fuel screw all the way in removed afc lever and i diddent mess around with the timing until yesterday and i moved it about 1/4 of an inch and now it spools slower dodnt build as much boost and dont have the power down low...BUT it runs a ton better up high from 75 to 100 so did i go too far? what do i need to go and back it down a notch or what do i need to do ...any help would be appreciated thanks .....dj

possibly too far, i time my first gens by how they run and sound, depends on were you want power,I like it down low.I,ve never lost a race 0 to 85,never dared take the old ford any faster.

well by advancing the timing you will make more power at higher rpm's and you will loose some off the bottom. wether its too much or not is up to you and what you do with the truck. boost will also be lower like you stated, and fuel mileage will go up.

yeah it was dooin all kinds of stupid stuff i was hasing at an idle and running rough when it first started and i hasent been cold like 65 degrees i backed it down about half the way and put my ksb on a hobbs switch to come on at 15psi....that should do it for best of both worlds

I think I set by little brothers at 14mm or 16mm. I will see if I can find the write-up on the procedure. After I did that he shattered the front planetary and had to drive home in reverse.....oops ! That is what big brothers are for.

A lot of people like to do a 1/8" bump from stock, and seem to be pretty happy with the results. I will be doing that pretty soon.

Back