Timing question

fummins97

Can anyone tell me how to set timing on a 160 pump. I don't know a whole lot about the pump so english would be nice. Trying to set it to about 16*. Thanks

actually I have one more, all I did was pull the pump off to get to the side cover, does the pump have to be re-timed or not?

actually I have one more, all I did was pull the pump off to get to the side cover, does the pump have to be re-timed or not?

Depends on if the shaft moved or not. If it was me i'd recheck it on the truck. If you take care not to move the shaft then you'll be fine but that's not always easy given the way the governor wants to turn the pump over in a notchy like manner.

You can pull the plug (15/16 wrench)on the side of the pump below the access cover to the gov springs and turn the pump over until the TDC tab points out. Then flip the plastic insert over to hold the tab in place until you get the pump installed. You will also need to make sure you have the engine set at TDC at the same time. This will give you your static timing the engine was built with.