Timing

milldog

Yup...
What is the max timing that I should run full time on my DD. Truck has 90hp sticks so not too much fuel going through it and running tnt-r with the 4000 turned off. Thanks in advance.

well theres 3 options on the smarty right...2,3,and 4.i do everything in three...DD, TRACK AND DYNO.

From what I remember on the tnt tune is 0=default, 1=the most timing 2=18*? 3=second to most and 4=20-21*?
Please post up if I am wrong.
Just scared of melting something with to much timing. What are others running?

IM NOT 100 PERCENT SURE, but i dont think that's all right..

here it is just looked it up..0 default, 1 stock,2 after market inj, 3 for huge injectors, less timing then 2, and 4 is used with NO's, and is less timing then 3.

Here, I found the numbers.
TNT Timing Degree's
#4=16* max
#3=18* max
#2=21* max
#1=12* max

So I think Im gonna try what you are running. I figured 18* would be the most that I wanted to try. Thanks for the info

With 90s you can run 2.

Best way to do it is to get on a dyno. Run a few pulls on #2. Back it down to 3, did you lose hp? If yes, run 2, if no, there's no gain so run 3

you will have faster spool with less timing so it's a balence

more egt when tuning for timing is a good thing

I felt I could get away with timing on 2 with 180hp. Not so much with 230hp injectors now

As for stock injectors timing. That is in fact timing designed for STOCK injectors. I believe it's not really "lower then 4" but in fact higher the 2

I never found an exact answer on the stock timing. No one has any real proof.

dont think that, or youll be melting something, if theres to much timing you will here it rattle, if you do back it down, and go from there...

Here, I found the numbers.
TNT Timing Degree's
#4=16* max
#3=18* max
#2=21* max
#1=12* max

So I think Im gonna try what you are running. I figured 18* would be the most that I wanted to try. Thanks for the info

Marco has previously said that timing #4 provides the least timing advance.

Marco has previously said that timing #4 provides the least timing advance.

If I recall correctly, he never exactly clairified where stock fell in that group. The post left that he wasn't including stock I'm conversation.

Hence my skeptisism. But I feel stock like you say is design around stock injectors

Thanks for all the input guys! Think Im going to try 3 or 4 for DD. Once I get a spare short block sittin in the garage Ill start turning things up