timing

What are you doing with the truck? 18 degrees max if the head is not oringed...

drive it ever day pull a little trailer some times but mostly run the s out of it

Without headstuds changes things a little bit. I would say 16* is where it should be at. I just read your sig and assumed you allready was studded. It will help you gain some mileage, use your 3k kit better by moving the powerband up alittle higher and drop your egts some. Plus it will get rid of the popping and sluggish feeling the stock timing does for these engines.

Yeah I would go 16 for what your doing. I blew my stock head gasket at 18 degrees the evening I set it.

i set mine at 20* and blew my stock headgasket that night as well. then put studs in it and it held 65psi until the motor went kablooie... 16* should be good for a daily driver with no studs. might want to re-torque your headbolts though.

I have 282,000 miles on my 12v in my sig. It still has the stock hg and bolts. For the last 60,000 miles the timing has been set at 21.5 degrees. I just reset the timing to 19.5 degrees so it starts a little easier for the winter months. I run 35psi of boost and use this truck for dd and pulling my gooseneck 14k trailer.

I have 282,000 miles on my 12v in my sig. It still has the stock hg and bolts. For the last 60,000 miles the timing has been set at 21.5 degrees. I just reset the timing to 19.5 degrees so it starts a little easier for the winter months. I run 35psi of boost and use this truck for dd and pulling my gooseneck 14k trailer.

Good for you, do not recommend that to someone.

got my timing done but the head gas is f up looking for a good o-ringer and do i need studs or will bolts work after it o ring it does arp make replacement bolts

got my timing done but the head gas is f up looking for a good o-ringer and do i need studs or will bolts work after it o ring it does arp make replacement bolts

arp might make replacement bolts, but i would go with arp head studs, and i don't think many will disagree with that.