Tint for my regular cab 94 dodge.

dodges (others might, not sure), have like a 3 layer roof.
all of my buddies that haul cattle/hot shot have their CB's mounted there.
just remove the visor and you can see how much room you have (about 2"), drill screws in and you're done.

Here is my truck with 2.5% on the sides and the brow, the back is 2.5% over 5%. I love it. It really adds additude to the truck.:rockwoot:
1995Dodge2500001.jpg

The cops in my town are too stupid to realize the tint. A couple of my buddies are runnin brows on the top and bottom of the windsheild, some have 24" brows. A couple days ago a buddy and I tinted his WHOLE windsheild with 5%. It was awesome! We do all of our own tint work. Much cheaper, just buy the tint. That way you can go as dark as you want without havin to worry about whether or not the tint shop will do it.

2.5% is more like a vinyl if you ask me. It dosent look like a good window film .Lluma 5% shows the same on a light meter as advance brand 2.5%, It just looks darker.
Always use a high quality metallic film and you'll be happy with the results. We have 30+ cars a week that we install llumar on and everyone is very happy!

Remeber on a pickup in most states the back windows can be as dark as you want. Also remember 50% of most ticket cases are because of a low and dark visor! If your going to do that , Do the whole windshield , its less noticible!

Thank you displacedtexan, it's my pride and joy, but at 17, all my time and money goes to it! haha

mysterync, you are correct, Lluma 5% IS the best stuff around, but nobody around here sells it. The only 5% you can find is at Wal-Mart, and it is either a bluer tint or a silver tint. The highest quality, blackest tint they carry is the 2.5%, that's why I run that.

I have 5% on my truck. IMO the darker the tint the better the truck looks. In Maryland the tint law is 35%, which you might as well not even have any tint on your vehicle if its that light. The only way to get around the law in Maryland is to have a letter by your Dr. stating that you have some sort of medical condition or you have a reaction to the sun. Even then the young state cops fresh out of the academy are still a pain the a$$ about it. I had to get a Dr's note plus a certification through the MVA in my old truck so they would stop messing with me.

LOL......I'm the one that took the time to get a Dr. note, and be legal not you....:poke:... Only reason yours got signed off and certified was because the truck wasn't in your name then, and my letter could be used in that truck. In MD on a truck or SUV anything behind the driver can be blacked out as long as you have two working out side mirrors, but only 35% on the front doors. On a car it has to be 35% all the way around. Only way to get around this is you have to have a note from your Dr. stating that you have a medical condition that requires you to have dark tint to shade you from the sun. Only catch is the vehicle has to be registered to the person with the Dr. note. Trust me I'm well versed in this law. I actually carried a copy of it around, so I could prove some know it all cops wrong.....$.02

Last edited:
How does limo tint work out for you guys while driving at night?

for me, backing up and going around sharp turns are what can be tough. it doesnt bother me if im just driving down the highway or something like that.

i drove my friends truck for like a week and he had approx. 15% on his winshield with a 2.5% brow and three layers of five everywhere else. could hardly go in reverse, but didnt affect driving forwards at all. not too mention i reallyyy enjoyed it and am seriously considering going that dark.

as soon as i get a new windshield im tinting that 30 and stacking on top of my 5 all around with 5 so it will a black hole

Man you guys like it dark. We always do 20%. That matches the factory tint on the back windows of an extended cab or crew cab.

20% on my 94.
DSC00079.jpg

Both trucks 20%
DSC00053.jpg

......I'm the one that took the time to get a Dr. note, and be legal not you....... Only reason yours got signed off and certified was because the truck wasn't in your name then, and my letter could be used in that truck. In MD on a truck or SUV anything behind the driver can be blacked out as long as you have two working out side mirrors, but only 35% on the front doors. On a car it has to be 35% all the way around. Only way to get around this is you have to have a note from your Dr. stating that you have a medical condition that requires you to have dark tint to shade you from the sun. Only catch is the vehicle has to be registered to the person with the Dr. note. Trust me I'm well versed in this law. I actually carried a copy of it around, so I could prove some know it all cops wrong.....

Or just get a dealers licence and run dealer tags, works 4 me had 5% on sides and 20% on windshield

I was thinking about getting tint for my 94 regular cab 2500 dodge but i dont know if it will look good. And if it did, what percent should i go with. Any suggestions? Please send pictures if you tinted your regular cab.*bdh*

Black it out....Tinted windows on anything looks good!!!!!:rockwoot:

i agree! limo tint to me looks the best

but there always that chance of gettin a ticket :rules:

Yea thats true..I've always had about 2% tint on every truck i've had..I've been lucky so far .With my dad being a retired GSP it might be helpin me out some.lol

I need to get my CR re-tinted, whoever the previous owner had do it sucked, and used low quality tint thats working its way purple. The guy who usually does my tint work has put 5%, which is actually 2% as I found out when I got pulled over for it last time in my car. I think I am going to go a different route this time, and go 20% on all the windows, keep the 5% brow I have, and tint the windshield to 35%. I'm hoping it will be as dark inside as the 5% or 2% or whatever it is I have on my car.

I just hate having 5% on a sunny day, and looking out the side window for a second, then being blinded when you look back out the windshield.

I think my 12v wins for best tint job though...yes, that is tint, you can see the huge bubble in it if you look hard enough...
Picture1478.jpg

5%
DSC02309.jpg

Last edited:
if you use regular window cleaner the ammonia in it will cause all tint to turn purple buy automotive window cleaner it wont turn

i run 20% on my sides and rear. I plan to do the whole front windshield in 50% next. They say it will really darken the inside of the truck way down.

Back