tire preference and why

Diesel.power

Trying to decide what tires to run this year always have ran bfg rear sts front or all bfg has anyone thoroughly tested which tires hooks better?

I would worry more about chassi set up than stressing between the top 2 tires in pulling.

I'm with Athoney..... BFG's work well on almost all tracks. Plus I think the edges stay sharper longer.

Char Reckart ran General's last season in the rear and I thought they did him well. Then again most tracks on Full Pulls circuit arn't the tightest. To each their own I guess.

Char Reckart ran General's last season in the rear and I thought they did him well. Then again most tracks on Full Pulls circuit arn't the tightest. To each their own I guess.

And now they sit for a year....

Sandy, mealy track, or muddy tracks, run STS.

The BFGs are terrible in a wet muddy track, and the STS is better than the BFG on the sandy loose tracks.

Sandy, mealy track, or muddy tracks, run STS.

The BFGs are terrible in a wet muddy track, and the STS is better than the BFG on the sandy loose tracks.

I like dura tracs for sandy or muddy tracks. They seem to grip and clear a little better. I've even had good luck with mud grapplers on those types of tracks in single wheel configuration.

I'd think you'd want a set of BFGs/General and set of more aggressive tires like Duratracs.

I have always wondered how the Cooper ST's would do.

cooper_discST.jpg

^^^ The Cooper S/T doesn't hook that good, but the Mastercraft C/T that looks very similar to the S/T seems to hook a lot better. Not sure if it's due to different tire compounds or a better siping and leading edge design on the C/T. I was actually going to go back to the C/T this year but the General grabber at-2 was a good bit cheaper so I got another new set of them.

I ran the dunes the last 2 years on my gasser truck. They worked good for a low horsepower truck. But now that the little HEMI has some more power, it's BFG's.

BFG A/T front and BFG M/T rear. Unless its a super hard track, then the M/It's are too much.

We been runing the general at2 past season and this season and can complain. Way less than BFg and the siping is deeper than a BFg. The courser ct are also a nice tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did some personal research several months ago, and I came to the conclusion that the interco trxus sts were the favorable tire in many track conditions. These would be a dedicated sled pulling tire to reduce wear, but the lateral tread design was what many believed to be a favorable attribute. As of now, these are still the tires I intend to purchase this year in a 33" diameter tire.