tire preference and why

Been running BFG's for the past few years with good results. We pull on loose tracks, some ok tracks, and some very tight tracks. There not the best on loose tracks but there tough to beat on the tight ones. I'm thinking about trying a set of mt baja atz p3 or dick depek fun country front tires this year to help bridge the gap between loose and tight tracks.

What are most 2.6 pullers using for wheel size on the rear? 16 or 17's?

What are most 2.6 pullers using for wheel size on the rear? 16 or 17's?

that depends what part of the country you are in.. the 11.5 rear is becoming more popular (more cr trucks) so up until this season when rear brakes were required. 17" wheels were more redily visable. guess time at the tracks will show what size wheel is most popular.

I ran Mickey Thompson atz and likes them. Would the Mickey Thompson claws with like 30% tread be good? Might try pro comp extream at's.

I've got acess to two (2) brand new 36x14.50x16 STS's if anyone is interested in them...

I wish they were legal. Never understood why guys are perfectly fine running 4 315/35 tire on the back and a guy shows up with single 36s and hes cheating.

I wish they were legal. Never understood why guys are perfectly fine running 4 315/35 tire on the back and a guy shows up with single 36s and hes cheating.

Personally tire size limitations are retarded.

We had this happen at a pull we took my friend's gas truck too. Large by huge nasty roller cam big block chevy with solid rear suspension on 33 inch ground hawgs got its ass handed to it by a 450 horse (on a good day) street truck on 35 inch AT's that we could still pull hay wagons with...

It was worth getting disqualified just to see him almost cry cause he got 15 feet put on him...

Oh And I can get those 36's shipped for about $750, which is $250 cheaper than NTW sells them online for before shipping or tax...

Last edited:
Toyo mt's are my preference when you can get your hands on them but they always seem to be on backorder. Ive been running nitto mud grapplers and they seem to be holding up okay so far.

I run Cooper AT3's and they bit hard on anything and they were cheap so thats why LOL