Tire Size and EFI

cummin up short

I know EFI won't correct the speedometer. What's the best way to change it? I have a hypertech speedometer calibrator but I've heard mixed reviews on it with EFI. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the Hypertech Speedo calibrator on my dad's '06 after flashing with an EFI tune. Speedo is dead nuts and don't have any issues that I can tell.

According to Les at Silver Bullet Tuning, calibrate the speedometer first with the Hypertech and THEN flash the EFI tune into the ECM.

Last edited:
That's what I'm gathering. Too bad I didn't look into this sooner as I installed EFI on Friday.

Ok, I received the stock file through an email but I'm unsure what to do from here. Sorry for the dumb questions but this is all new to me.

Just a little update. PPEI got me fixed up and I was able to get the tire size corrected. Took 2 tries but the truck is matching the gps.

I have tested the VSS change on 06-09, have not tested on a 10+, but I would assume it's the same

I wonder what cummin up short and PPEI did for his truck..... I think it's a 2011