Tires - sizing up...

sredish

Where am I?
Currently running 38.5x14.50 Pro Comp Xtreme ATs... and needing tires soon.

I have right at 9.75" of lift in front and 11.5" in back. Was planning on swapping out the front with a 2" higher lift spring; have the spring but have to wait a while longer to do it. Lowering the back an inch might be necessary as well for a short time (year).

So, I need tires. With my offset (can't remember what it is exactly now), at full lock to the left, the front left tire occasionally rubs the liner and the liner is trimmed. This annoys me greatly and just trimmed a little more. Was thinking of going back to a slightly shorter 38" Toyo (my prev. tire), 37s are too short. Originally, my plan was 40s with the taller springs I have here.

So, I'm sitting here on the net and find a sweet deal on some 40x13.50 XTerrains.... They're roughly an inch taller but also an inch narrower. I'm wondering how this will affect the clearance up front being a little taller and narrower. Seems to me like that might offset itself. The height would be ideal with my 4.56 gearing, I could lower the ass down an inch, the truck will sit more level and i'll get the 40s i want, but I'm concerned with clearance up front.

I have been considering some bushwackers but am real hesitant to go for it.

Anyone else having these rubbing issues up front.... how did you deal with it? I could maybe get a picture later of the clearance I have at full lock. The narrowed width will help my spring rub as well.

Im the wrong guy to ask considering Im going to a 33 with 4" lift. Tired of the rubbing when I off road with 35's.

bring her down to 5", and run 40's......cut cut cut cut cut...LOL

bring her down to 5", and run 40's......cut cut cut cut cut...LOL

no **** right? i'd like to bring it down to 8" or so with 40s.... i'm fairly positive I'm going with the 40s... I'll just make em fit. They'll be close but we'll see. I'm pretty sure I'm going to bring the back down an inch or so and leave the front alone for now.

ive got 33x13.50's on 12 wides with no lift at all.....tank...im going to start cutting on the next set of tires!

i went up to 35" with a leveling kit. found a hard bump and hit it with the tires turned left and again with the tires turned right. no more rub LOL

You'll probably be able to turn those 40's in there with them being that skinny... It works for Tanks truck, if your down with that width.

I just put my 40's on my truck lastnight.... 03 f250 8" lift, 40x13.50x18 micky thompson atz.... on 9 wides with 4.5"bs.... no rub on the body, but do rub on leafs on deep turn.... I love it, it sits down nice on the tires.... give me an email and ill shoot some pics to you if you'd like.... If you bushwack it, throw 46'' michelins from a duece and a half under it....

I just put my 40's on my truck lastnight.... 03 f250 8" lift, 40x13.50x18 micky thompson atz.... on 9 wides with 4.5"bs.... no rub on the body, but do rub on leafs on deep turn.... I love it, it sits down nice on the tires.... give me an email and ill shoot some pics to you if you'd like.... If you bushwack it, throw 46'' michelins from a duece and a half under it....

yes, please do.

sredish@ymail.com

i dont remember what my backspacing is off hand.