To batmoto, or stick with billet.

My 62 Double bat is the nastiest spooling thing i've ever had! I had a 62/65/12 with just a billet before and this 62/71/12 out performs it by far! At WOT i don't see 1300 on egt's, with 6 inch lifted mega on 35's!

LOL

Where are these broken batmo's?

I'm not for or against the batmo, but I have 3 double batmo S300 frames I have yet to use. So this carnage you guys are talking about would be good food for thought, if you could provide evidence of their failures. Not that I've looked real hard but I haven't seen any.

My 62 Double bat is the nastiest spooling thing i've ever had! I had a 62/65/12 with just a billet before and this 62/71/12 out performs it by far! At WOT i don't see 1300 on egt's, with 6 inch lifted mega on 35's!
Shouldn't the 62/71/12 out perform the 62/65/12 anyway, standard billet or batmo?

Due to the larger turbine. 65mm is 11-blade and the 71mm is 10-blade. People get so excited about compressor wheels, but fail to realize the turbine wheel is just as important, if not more important.

Posting this for my dad because hes in the hunt for a new charger for dragracing. Staying with a single, going to hit it with a small amount of nitrous, has all the supporting mods etc hes just looking for some hard information and help deciding if he wants to spend the extra 400 for a batmoto. I beleive hes looking at 475 or bigger, 87.1.0. So question is, is it worth it or stick with the billet wheel chargers. I read a thread in here with a dyno graph that the batmoto wheel over billet gained around 50hp and that was the only change made while on the dyno. Most of the other threads are everybody waiting for someone to prove the batmoto wheel worthy. Any info would be great thanks.

Just curious on why he wants such a big charger....that means a looser converter, less spooling ability, no low rpm power, and the chance to snuff it on shifts. Plenty of people out there have made 700-800 on 66mm chargers, and nitrous can boost it up to an easy 1,000rwhp with small jets. I just don't get the big single thing for drag racing.

Such a big charger? That is smaller than some run on the manifold. Show me a reliable 10.0ET 6500lb 4wd truck with an S300.

Triple Batmo's, Now your talking...................................................................................................................................TRASH!

batmo????
BATMOBILE.jpg

let me ask a stupid question, what all goes into making a map, isn't there anybody who can buy one and make a map. or does this involve 100k+ equiptment to do it. I would think if they are so great other companies would be buying them and testing them.

Last edited:
He ran a S480 96/1.10 t6 as a single last year on fuel only. Didnt get it tuned much but off the trailer it went 10.94 backed by two 10.95 passes. Hes going back to a t4 foot and if the batmo had a slight edge over billet hes all for trying it thats all. Conveter is plenty loose and never snuffed the above charger so going to a t4 480/87 will be childs play for him. Esp with alittle juice.

Such a big charger? That is smaller than some run on the manifold. Show me a reliable 10.0ET 6500lb 4wd truck with an S300.

That's a trick question....there is no reliable 10.0-second 6,500 pound truck! :hehe:

I know a few trucks have went 10.50's-10.70's in testing for the 66mm class. With a little nitrous, I am sure that could be 10.0. And I personally wouldn't run an S300, I'd run an S400.

That's a trick question....there is no reliable 10.0-second 6,500 pound truck! :hehe:

I know a few trucks have went 10.50's-10.70's in testing for the 66mm class. With a little nitrous, I am sure that could be 10.0. And I personally wouldn't run an S300, I'd run an S400.

But your sig says otherwise?... :)

Triple Batmo's, Now your talking...................................................................................................................................TRASH!

Not tryin to localize on just you, but seems like all this batmo trash talking is just that... trash.

Nobody seems to be providing any evidence, just a bunch of trash typing.

Once I finish my build I will see for myself. If they bite the bullet then I will be the first to let you all know. But none of you have provided anything but talk.

I've talked to Bill extensively, seems like he will stand behind his product 100% and if it fails he will be there for any help. If anyone knows for a fact otherwise, not heresy, please talk about your experience.

But as it seems in this thread, it is just a bunch of sceptics. The trucks I know of that run the batmo, run great with the batmo.

But your sig says otherwise?... :)

That's only cause my poor lil VE is out of fuel so low on the rpm scale. Most other trucks in the diesel market can make power well past my rpm range. I think they have since come out with a 2.5-inch S400 for the pullers. I'd probably try that if I had it to do over, just to be safe.