To cut or not to cut ?

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
Right now I have a JL Audio 10W6v2 in a JL Stealthbox in the front and 2 Pioneer Premiere flat 12's behind the seat...I'm just not happy with the 12's.
Over the winter when I re-do the interior I'm considering cutting out the cab and bed and porting in a pair of these:
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=10

OR...I could replace the 12's with these in a new box:
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=30

If I cut the cab I'd run the 13W7's off of this:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/prod...ly_id=22&item_id=95253&locale=en_US&p_status=

If I got the new flat 13's I'd run them off my current bd6001 amp.

Thoughts ? Bear in mind....cutting doesn't scare me....spending a crap ton of money on something I can achieve close to with just a new box and speaker swap does.

The 13W7's and new amp would push my A/V system up over 12 grand total...which I already can't insure all of so that's a concern also.

Cut it.

And sell me the stealth box cheap, rock that ***** in my 07 LOL

Speakers too, yours suck :hehe:

Yep it has way too much distortion at a thousand feet. LOL

I like to see other people spend tons of money, but only if the results are good. Oh what the heck CUT IT! :hehe:

if you do this you may consider lexan windows 13w7 are very strong subs it would be awful to blow the windows out of that sweet looking ford

I think I would stay away from cutting the cab. Why not just do a custom rear seat?and put whatever you wanted in it? Maybe half the seats and do a custom rear center console.

I plan to do 4 captains chairs over the winter...but I won't do anything weird with the rear seat area...my kid has to sit somewhere.

You could do a box that sits over the middle of the seats. That's how a buddy of mine did his 12w7.

I plan to do 4 captains chairs over the winter...but I won't do anything weird with the rear seat area...my kid has to sit somewhere.

In one of the captain chairs maybe? Then have a box inbetween the back two seats?

I'm putting in another center console. Having exposed speakers doesn't interest me at all. I'll take function over form on this one.

A little bit of both actually....
I'll still have the 10W6v2 in the center console for the SQ moments then the rear subs for the eardrum blowing moments.

talking about cutting the back cab wall in to the bed ,,, makes me think about the old days... was thinking all the crazy sh$$ we did at the shop... rememberd we had to wear gut belts to crank the stereo up when we went to shows...

how about six 15's three aside ported in to the cab in some what a seal band-bass box ,,, should get you in the 150db range...hell ya

talking about cutting the back cab wall in to the bed ,,, makes me think about the old days... was thinking all the crazy sh$$ we did at the shop... rememberd we had to wear gut belts to crank the stereo up when we went to shows...

Yep...I've cut the walls out of a mini truck or 2 in my time. LOL
The most subs was an excab square body S-10 with 12, 12's in W boxes down the sides....it was stupid.
The dumbest inside a truck was 2 Fosgate 18's in an excab Nissan Hardbody with an Orion HCCA 750 driving each one. That one could literally be heard a few miles away. That thing had 6" ports. LOL
I'm lucky I can hear anything nowdays. LOL

its been a long time ago ,,, i lived in florida ,fort walton beach,,, we build a van with D.E.I stuff (yes the people that make viper alarms )held the S.P.L record in florida ,alabama , and mississippi with 24 12 inch dvc's speakers running 15,000 watts ,,, hit 174.8 dbs ... on the dash .. red chevy astro van .. damm those where the days

rember the the old speaker companys ,, savard , lanzar, hollywod sound labs,hifonics ,the old ever so popular punch 45 amp..... "power from the gods "