to much fuel for a 35/ht3b!!

TWINTURBODAVE

Well this is what happens when you have to much fuel and your egt gauge don't work!!! Not bashing the customer by any means,
I'am just posting this to show what high temps can do and a warning to others...
set up was:
215pump truck with
5x14 injectors
full cut DV
4K GSK
18* timming
100 plate
hx35/ht3b twins
mild cam

Attachments

• festiva1.jpg
    festiva1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 256
  • festiva2.jpg
    festiva2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 253
  • festiva3.jpg
    festiva3.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 281
Holy crispy critter batman! 5x.014's and full cuts were "too much" for 35/3B combo??? Yikes, maybe I should look for a something bigger to throw under my turbo....

Holy crispy critter batman! 5x.014's and full cuts were "too much" for 35/3B combo??? Yikes, maybe I should look for a something bigger to throw under my turbo....

Just curious, but what size injectors should they have ran with that setup?

well you need to keep in mind a 215 pump fuels much more than a 160pump(if thats what you have) Also it was done in Colorado where the air gets thin which make trucks run less boost and hotter. Also whats your max egt? if your maxing out at 1400* (which you probably are)than you should be safe.. I dont know the what temps this truck was running but i know the melting point on cast iron is around 17-1800* which was enough to burn his wastegate hole to a oval.

well you need to keep in mind a 215 pump fuels much more than a 160pump(if thats what you have) Also it was done in Colorado where the air gets thin which make trucks run less boost and hotter. Also whats your max egt? if your maxing out at 1400* (which you probably are)than you should be safe.. I dont know the what temps this truck was running but i know the melting point on cast iron is around 17-1800* which was enough to burn his wastegate hole to a oval.

Yes it's a 160 pump. Well until I tuned the housing on the VGT a little I could peg my 1800* pyro... But now it will climb to 1500* and level out.

I know what you mean by the elevation making a big difference. I was just in Colorado Springs for two weeks helping a friend from the Marine Corps and wow, what a pooch... Didn't get my tuning figured out until the last day I was there :bang Once I figured it out though it ran like a raped ape.

EDIT: Oh I should add that I am running 5x.014's on stock DV's and timing with a 60mm VGT turbo... Though I plan to time it somewhere around 19* here soon (160 pumps like their timing :D)

The most obvious restriction is the hx35...which cant cool enough due to its size.. But dont get me wrong I know someone here locally that was running full cuts, and DUAL-fed 5x18's on one of my 35/ht3b kits, that was a blast to drive but knew where was his limits, and when to cut back on the throttle. I cant emphasize enough... the first question i ask my customers is, "what is your goal? what is the purpose of your truck"? If these questions were addressed correct from the beginning it would save people a lot of money and time!!

Just curious, but what size injectors should they have ran with that setup?

you know everyone you talk to will tell you something different.. For a everyday daily driver/tow rig with a hx35/ht3b setup I would run:
5X14's
#10plate
stock DV
18* timming

This will net you around 500 reliable HP, and will spool/cool quicker than a big single. Just my 2 cents.

what size would you recommend for a 01 24v with all the supporting mods. quad adr, hx35 ht3b twins, studs, and all the other stuff.

For a everyday daily driver/tow rig with a hx35/ht3b setup I would run:

5X14's
#10plate
stock DV
18* timming

This will net you around 500 reliable HP, and will spool/cool quicker than a big single. Just my 2 cents.

curious what your reasoning is for the 10 plate and the conservative timing?

curious what your reasoning is...

your name dave

name one person on this site that dont spin their junk above 2500

*p-pumped members only please, not talking about someone with a stock ve

pps - have you ever had your timing above 20° ?

you know everyone you talk to will tell you something different.. For a everyday daily driver/tow rig with a hx35/ht3b setup I would run:
5X14's
#10plate
stock DV
18* timming

your name dave

name one person on this site that dont spin their junk above 2500

*p-pumped members only please, not talking about someone with a stock ve

pps - have you ever had your timing above 20° ?

Explain how the bodystyle truck in my avatar has a VE

..............and yes our puller has around 30 and my daily driver has 17

what size would you recommend for a 01 24v with all the supporting mods. quad adr, hx35 ht3b twins, studs, and all the other stuff.

i am trying to build me a daily driver vp truck and push as much power out of a set of hx35 ht3b twins. would you recommend for a max injector for that setup. i will also be installing my sovp that is modded. thanks

BlackSkyRacing: How did you make the VGT work? or do you have a thread somehere about it?