Too tired and frustrated think.(clutch again)

StainlessRRA

Advocatus diaboli
I had the pressure plate replaced on my south bend DD clutch this week and for some reason it doesn't engage until the last 1/2 inch of releasing the pedal. The adjustment doesn't change anything. What could it be?

I tried searching, but I'm beyond tired and frustrated. I know it's probably a simple answer but I can't remember for the life of me, I give up for today.

ETA it's an NV5600

Last edited:
Have you messed with the clutch fork pivot ball/ clutch fork itself? Maybe the fork is wore or the pivot ball has backed out some?

Ryan

No, when I posted this I had slept 4 hours out of 66 and was still trying to get work done to the truck. I'm just so frustrated at this point I can't even think straight looking at it.

I've had new clutches engage like that. I wouldn't worry about it. I believe the pressure plate only lifts .080" or so.

is the plasitc spacer still on the slave cylinder? If not remove it and see if it helps some

My last 2 Southbend 3850 clutches do the same thing, the release is at the very top of the petal.

I had the pressure plate replaced on my south bend DD clutch this week and for some reason it doesn't engage until the last 1/2 inch of releasing the pedal. The adjustment doesn't change anything. What could it be?

I tried searching, but I'm beyond tired and frustrated. I know it's probably a simple answer but I can't remember for the life of me, I give up for today.

ETA it's an NV5600

My dual disk SBC did the same thing on my 97, I never worried about it.

Good luck is all i can add. I had 3 clutches of theirs in my truck in less then a month and never again.. Then i went automatic. Best choice i ever made.