torque curve with 4gsk? Also premature wear with 110# springs

Honestly, I'd like to see a before and after dyno with stock GSK and 4k...

More fuel down low...

The heavy springs will were the valves quicker, but that is better that runnig stock springs with any governor spring kit.

As noted before springs have 0, goose egg, nada, nothing in any way shape or form, to do with how hard the valve closes. That is propaganda that Don M has posted this faulty info. in the past. Nothing could be further from the truth. Poorly designed cams with aggressive closing ramps will allow the valve to slam shut. THis can be multiplied by rpm. The only thing a heavier spring does is holds the spring closed stronger. I have heard of a guy that had 110#s and ran 2000 degrees while pulling in the stock turbo class with large sticks and a tnt-r. After each run his valves would stretch .005" to .010" But this was due to heating the components to the point of failure.

If the cam is designed correctly then you will see a very aggressive opening ramp with a slower closing ramp to set the valve "gently" on the seat. Racing grinds, in an attemp to make max power can and may forgo the longevity mindset with designs that open and close violently.

Zach

^ smart man

in my head.... the cam is the brain, controlling your torque and power curves... gov spring is just controlling fueling rates of thegoverner...

the only problem i could see with runnin the stiffer springs would be cam and pushrod wear... the valves should be alright unless heated up like he said maybe slightly more wear then a stock setup.... but like someone stated above, it's not like it'l kill the motor in 3 days.... driving habbits have more to do with that then anything

Thanks for the replies guys, I understand it now..

Like somebody said, he's not familiar with after-market tech, hes a old school diesel guy..

Zach-Makes perfect sense..

^ smart man

in my head.... the cam is the brain, controlling your torque and power curves... gov spring is just controlling fueling rates of thegoverner...

the only problem i could see with runnin the stiffer springs would be cam and pushrod wear... the valves should be alright unless heated up like he said maybe slightly more wear then a stock setup.... but like someone stated above, it's not like it'l kill the motor in 3 days.... driving habbits have more to do with that then anything

You can also add rocker wear to that but as tough as these things are (12v) I think it's a non issue. Shaft rockers from the factory are pretty cool if you ask me!