Torque Monster tunes for a CR

Your trans (auto or manual) will thank you for using the proper gear always. there's no reason what so ever to be in OD at 1600rpm up a hill with 10000# behind you at 60mph.

Put down the burger and softdrink and downshift ya lazy bum. :poke: :)

i have an auto..

i had a five speed before, so i get the gist on downshiftin, im with ya on that one.. my auto tho, seems to have a different idea, even in tow haul mode..

I thought he was asking how to get huge tq numbers from a CR??

I must have missed the question about how to tow 10,000 lbs...

this was my original question

in fact still is.. and jasons setup seems to be the key with a manual on how to make my TQ monster, as in your earlier post...

i have an auto.. and would like a tq monster.. i know the trans makes all the difference as well...

had a guy out here do 720/15xx with springs and pushrods, studs, 90hp nozzles, 62/475, trans, supporting mods, smarty, and i think mp8. pretty basic. did all the work besides the trans. ran really good.

Garrett

I did 512 hp and 1200 plus tq for most of the run. It was a fun to drive truck. This was with a hx40 over 3B in a 98 12 valve. But I have to go with everyone else big tq down low breaks a lot of trannys.

But I have to go with everyone else big tq down low breaks a lot of trannys.

For some...all depends on your driving style.

I've got 50k on my trans...with 90% of it's life below 2k rpms and well over 1300lb FT, never missed a beat or slipped anything. Fluid is always pink and pan clean

Tst advertises 195hp + 600lbs with their box, CR49 I think.

Some guys on here are running it stacked with the smarty.

If you want torque, maybe think about looking into supercharging? Peak torque occurs when the engine burns the most fuel per stroke, so you need air at lower RPM's to burn the fuel and the lower RPM's will result in a more efficient burn of the fuel.

I hear good things from Empire Diesel putting together supercharger kits. Give CSnyder a call, he can give you some info and possibly hook you up with empire to build something you need.

Its more on the turbo then it is in the tuning.

im believeing this more and more

just what combination.. is the key.. theres a couple here that are nice already...

tst with 200/600? interesting...

ill definately keep it up on the reading.. but a supercharger is out of the question... why not just get a turbo with a smaller exhaust housing or a small twins set? wont it do the same thing?

If you want torque, maybe think about looking into supercharging? Peak torque occurs when the engine burns the most fuel per stroke, so you need air at lower RPM's to burn the fuel and the lower RPM's will result in a more efficient burn of the fuel.

Like the 350hp 12v with 1000 ft lbs. running a HX35

Lights like lightening at low rpm peaks out quick

Super charger seems like it could be the ticket

You still have to have fuel and tuning to go along with the right turbo(s). Cant just throw a bunch of fuel at a stock turbo and expect to make 1500ft lbs.

Just made 2200ft lbs in my silver truck, takes a good amount of fuel (Flux 7) and the right chargers that are big enough to flow the air needed but also spoolup quick enough to make tq.

I bet a guy could get close to 1500 ft lbs out of a 351......... once

I see what your saying.

My brain works in extremes really well the more exaggerated something is the more it makes sense, hence the 350/1000 hx35

Gets the point across that quick spool is key for this whole make mondo torque at low rpm kick.

Bponci said:
Do i have to tell all you guys the true meaning of torque?
The twisting force around an axis.

Retro-fitting a VGT would be the next best thing to a supercharger for the most air at the lowest RPM. But I've heard rumors a supercharger can idle at 5psi boost, something I don't think any turbo can do. A super-turbo setup would be ideal I think, but pricey.

I hear good things from Empire Diesel putting together supercharger kits. Give CSnyder a call, he can give you some info and possibly hook you up with empire to build something you need.

Why not just PM Empire Diesel on here, they are actually vendors and can give him more info and pricing.

tq is an equation of horsepower x 5250 / rpm

lower the rpm and get a higher number