torque plate hone or not?

Like I said earlier, it does make a measureable difference, but it's only about .0005" depending on the strength and design of the block.

I forgot to add that the figure I gave of .0005" was given that stock head bolt torque was applied to the plate. I'm sure there would be more distortion with some studs that are cranked down tight.

I'd almost bet there is more cylinder distortion taking a block from 70 degrees to 210+ degrees, than there is with torque plating. So... Would you torque plate at operating temp:poke:

torque plate with studs at 150ftlb or so?
Anyone doing a stud install on a stock motor feel like checking blowby pressure before and after?
Id run this one by my builder but I guarantee he would say something like 'what kind of crack are you smoking get off those forums' lol.

I'll be installing some in a few months but I don't have any of the special fittings for a compression test.

Maybe even just a standard check for blowby pressure. Not sure if this would show up in a compression test (if it exists) since you are measuring the highest peak pressure of several piston strokes.