Torque Specs for ARP Studs on 3rd gen

Camotanker

All American Retard
Whats the most folks are torquing the ARP headstuds out there using molylube.

I torque 75 first round, 100 the next, 125 following....
get a few heat cycles in her then do a retorque.

I normally see about 62psi of boost WOT.

I've heard of folks successfully torquing to 140. Anybody out there done so? Whats the recommendations for a 3rd gen?

I went 85, 100, 115 and 125 and went over them again at 125. I've seen them snap at 140. I moly lubed the nuts, washers and the threads. If you're changing out the bolts for studs you don't have to do a retorque. Only with a new head gaskit.

Last edited:
HIGH TECH RAM said:
The new age 625 studs I guess you can torque to 150 or so
wow... really? i can't imagine if you had high temps this would be good.

i had a head crack once feeding exhaust up into the valve cover. i think this was from a 130 torque and some high spikes in temps. i could be way off.

We have been going 135ft lbs. with good results. The 625 studs they say can be torqued to 180ft lbs. but we have been going 150ft. lbs. on those.

I have some A1 14mm torqued 155lbs and I don't think that head is gonna move with the boost I run anyway.

We tq them to 124-125 ft lbs on a cold motor and recheck before complete assembly. have pushed over 80 psi of boost and not one issue.

I have the ARP 14MM studs. I had them at only 115 ft lbs. but put new injectors in the truck and am thinking about twins so decided to torque them down while I was in there. Have had no problems with them.