Tow tires

Kronic

I had a new set of 235/85 Toyo M55's put on my 02 F350 SRW spring of 2012. I would have to double check but I doubt I have 50000km (31250 miles) on them. They might have around 15-20K (9375-12500 miles) left on them. I tow more than the average person but still not huge amounts. Lots of rough highway, smooth gravel, towing usually consists of 20' steel stock trailer with a couple of head of horses and gear inside. I know that towing is hard on tires and they don't last long. Rotations have been every 10000km like clock work, tire pressures have been checked regularly. So here is what I am wondering:

-is there a better tire out there?
-is it worth the effort and cost to go to SRW 19.5's?

Kronic

in all honesty..

pretty hard to beat a good set of M55s.. wish they made them in a 285 size for my ram.. had them prior and got 70k out of them..

far as the 19.5s go.. well its only my opinion.. but if you are hot shotting, then yes, but it would take three or four sets of your current tires to equal the cost of ricksons and 19.5s... so its a toss up really...

I tow a lot, but ten ply tires work just fine for me.....

19.5's are great , but the cost you could sell your truck and buy a f450..

That is what I did, 1996 3500hd Chevy with factory 19.5's I run continental tires made in "canada" are about the same as the m55's i used to run but last longer.

Here in rural Nevada everyone runs m55's on pickups because they last and the rock and shale doesn't tear them up. Plus they are one of the only 16" tires rated up to 3700lbs.

Don't think you can do much better in a 16" tire.. Good luck..