Towing 15,000lbs with DDP stage 4 injectors.

140hp is what they say on their site, but they also claim their good for over 850HP with the right mods.

I have often towed @ 31K lbs gross with mach 7s and no EGT issues, these machs are cooler towing then my stage 5 jammers were.

Lavon

it seemed like it was also an ad for F1 injectors burning cooler than Edge injectors :confused:

a true 12v guy has no idea what a Mach 7 injector is, you could call them mega-wookie injectors, and it would mean about the same to me. Also, the 24v EGT characteristics are different at a given power level than a 12v.

oh well, carry on :)

it seemed like it was also an ad for F1 injectors burning cooler than Edge injectors :confused:

a true 12v guy has no idea what a Mach 7 injector is, you could call them mega-wookie injectors, and it would mean about the same to me. Also, the 24v EGT characteristics are different at a given power level than a 12v.

oh well, carry on :)

:p No problem

So all of the true 12v guys in this thread know that this debate is about Marine nozzles.

Speaking of which, I should call you about a set of injectors to try :D

I like the DDP4's, but always up for something new...

Chris

I didn't until the last time you posted the info. How does raising the crack pressure make them so much cleaner? Purely better atomization? I had always heard the incorrect spray pattern was the cause for the smoke and heat. I have neither with these. I would have thought these had a corrected spray pattern.

They Marine nozzle seems to respond well to 290-300BAR opening pressure, cleans them up a bit. Extrude Hone cannot alter the angle, it follows the path of the orifice, only if the angle was changed using EDM, then Extrude Honed.

DDP stage 3 and 4 injectors a rebuilt/modified Bosch 370's, or so I was told.

EDIT: spelling

Some facts; I just did a set of DDP4's for a member here, 3500 miles on them, they were having an idle haze issue. I spent some time working over the seating area, modified the pintles a bit, and raised the opening pressure to 290BAR. I would say they were a nice injector to begin with, but I made the alterations accordingly, and am waiting to hear back.

So all of the true 12v guys in this thread know that this debate is about Marine nozzles.

well, he's specificly asking about them, so that's what we're talking about...

if he had asked about some 5x16 JL's or 5x16 II's, I would have given him my experiences with them :)

They Marine nozzle seems to respond well to 290-300BAR opening pressure, cleans them up a bit. Extrude Hone cannot alter the angle, it follows the path of the orifice, only if the angle was changed using EDM, then Extrude Honed.

I understand this, but had no access to the knowledge that they were using the marine tips. Although I suppose this is what makes them 370s

Weston knows his stuff....
I got some 5x.12 and ran them for 1 day on my truck with the hx35, same afc settings ect, swaped out stock put in 5x12s drove for about 200 miles to look at a tractor. I couldn't believe that they were just as clean if not cleaner than the stock ones. I wish I would of went with 5x14s. Which is a 5x14? The DDP 3 is 5x12 correct. I did spend some time tuning this truck and have pretty much figgured out that I can make it peg the pyro in as little as 5 seconds or have it nexer get over 1200. I found a happy medium now and have a set of 181's on the way to play with.

my DDP4's were probably the best overall injector I've run on a 12v... I loved my 5x16 sets, but those DDP4's were just sweet.

BUT, if I get another 12v, I'll be having Weston build the sticks for it :cool:

I'm asking on behalf of my friend who has DDP4s: What are the exact specs of them? Opening press, spray angle, pintle lift, hole pattern and size?

I'm running Weston's custom 5x16 sticks myself that I just installed into the truck last weekend with the twins. Still a lot to learn and tune. Cannot really comment yet but first impression is very positive.