Towing egt's on a 06 megacab

Quick update: just pulled travel trailer back from the dealership. EFI sure helped alot. Pulling hills at 75 and the egt's never got over 1200. Will be hooking up to it again on Sunday and leaving for the gulf coast.

Quick update: just pulled travel trailer back from the dealership. EFI sure helped alot. Pulling hills at 75 and the egt's never got over 1200. Will be hooking up to it again on Sunday and leaving for the gulf coast.

What setting?

Rick that was with their tow setting. Says it's just 50 HP tune. I have their mercenary 2 tuner. Didn't want to chance it on anything higher. Still getting use to it. It pulls way better without the worrying about the egt's getting high. I was on i44 between Joplin stock yards back to Springfield. Hills aren't real major but long enough to make it get hot being stock. EFI has dropped the temps down by around 150 to 200 degrees.

Rick that was with their tow setting. Says it's just 50 HP tune. I have their mercenary 2 tuner. Didn't want to chance it on anything higher. Still getting use to it. It pulls way better without the worrying about the egt's getting high. I was on i44 between Joplin stock yards back to Springfield. Hills aren't real major but long enough to make it get hot being stock. EFI has dropped the temps down by around 150 to 200 degrees.

Very nice.
I've got tunes out for delivery today from Ben, for my truck. Still don't have gauges in this thing though so I wont know anything.

I was seeing 1350 going down there on stock before installing EFI. Now hottest it got was 1230 lugging it up a hill.

I was seeing 1350 going down there on stock before installing EFI. Now hottest it got was 1230 lugging it up a hill.

Well I got mine put on and went for a quick spin and it feels totally different.
I'm pretty sure I have a rail pressure issue.
No gauges to watch it. Not near as strong as it was with that h&s but I hated that h&s.

It definitely woke her truck up. What kind of rail pressure is it supposed to be? I have the edge cts2 i have rail pressure that I monitor. What is it supposed to be? I watch it but I don't really know what it is supposed to be.

It definitely woke her truck up. What kind of rail pressure is it supposed to be? I have the edge cts2 i have rail pressure that I monitor. What is it supposed to be? I watch it but I don't really know what it is supposed to be.

Well everyone seems to have a different answer.
However, I'm assuming by how this one falls on its face and through a check engine light on the 90hp tune, it is draining the rail.

However I never had these issues with the h&s so I'll scan it and see what's up.

Well everyone seems to have a different answer.
However, I'm assuming by how this one falls on its face and through a check engine light on the 90hp tune, it is draining the rail.

However I never had these issues with the h&s so I'll scan it and see what's up.

I'd say roughly... I wouldn't wanna see it below 17k

Made the voyage to Florida. I'm in Freeport Florida until next Tuesday. With the tow tune the truck never got above 1240 degrees pulling my travel trailer. And this thing isn't lite. Trailer weighs in at 14000 empty. With it loaded down I know I'm pushing the 15000 mark. I don't tow with any water in the tanks to keep the weight down as much as possible. I'm truly impressed with Anarchy's tunes.

I'd say roughly... I wouldn't wanna see it below 17k

You can data log the truck to see how bad rail is dropping. 17k is way low especially when commanded is 25.8k or so.

How do I do the data log? I'm a little slow when it's this complicated stuff. Sorry for the EFI illiteracy. Do I unhook the CSP and hook the tuner into the obd port. Go into the settings and do a data log? Then what?

You shouldn't need to log a stock truck. Especially if it's running as well as your saying with no issues. Scan tool, select pids, record data and then use efi software to email us the file.

You can data log the truck to see how bad rail is dropping. 17k is way low especially when commanded is 25.8k or so.

Well, my answer was like an "all time low" type of answer. After I re-read that, kinda sounded like I was saying 17k was an acceptable low.

Thanks Phil. Will do this when I get a chance. We just got back from sunny Florida to snowy Missouri.

Also I wasn't aware anyone from Anarchy was on here. I've been moving several of your guys autocals lately for duramax stuff. Very pleased with the work.

Also I wasn't aware anyone from Anarchy was on here. I've been moving several of your guys autocals lately for duramax stuff. Very pleased with the work.
Yes sir, thank you.

Data log it and send it to your tuner so they can see if actual rail pressure is keeping up with desired. So long as actual rail matches closely to desired your stock fuel system is doing exactly what it's being told to do.

Back