towing engine temps

50stangpower

this weekend i hauled a friend 24 ft all steel enclosed trailor with a 3450 pound cobra in ti for about a 2 hour drive. i have 300 pounnds in the bed(nothing much) . towing my truck got up to 218 degrees!!! mostly it stayed at 210-212. is this high? or is there anyhting i should be worried about?

i got a 24 foot enclosed n mine never goes above 204 wen hauling ass, do u got headstuds

not really, i could smell some coolent but there was very minimal puking and egts were under 1000. oil level was ok as well

might need that flash....wasnt your fan coming on all the time? losing power?

Fan

My fan rarely kicks on, and it never turned on till I went to my favorite 4x4 only beach house. It is very noticable when it turned on, so you might want to check it out.

I have an '05 Excursion PSD and my fan is ALWAYS kicking on when towing my 8000lbs travel trailer. Sometimes it is on a long climb, other times it seems like I'm barely on an incline. On the long climbs the fan will kick on for 10 seconds or so then I'll get a loud, constant high-pitched beep that lasts about 5-20 seconds. Any idea what causes this?

Thanks!

I tow a 8-9k toy hauler up some 6-8% grades and the fan regularly comes on. I notice it also sometimes when only going up small grades. Only comes on for about 10 seconds then goes off. Never have any smell of coolant or any puking what so ever and coolant is above the fill line. Maybe I got lucky and have a Wednesday truck.

Don't know about the beep, I have never heard that before.

Towing the tractor in my gallery pics, my fan will kick on for maybe 15-20 sec and then go off and might not do it again for 20-30 miles....seems stupid to me but who am I?