Towing for school

hainesboy

Tech in training
Hey guys, new guy here. I have a good basis of what I need to do but want your opinions. So heres the situation; I will be going back and forth to john deere tech school every three months for the next two years. I dont think i have my sig right but i drive a stock 97' xclb 12 valve with an auto and 234000 miles. My plan through the next year is to build to between 400-500 horse. The trailer will be a 30' 5th wheel. i have to go about 110 miles and that includes ladd canyon and cabbage hill/deadmans pass if anyone is familiar with eastern oregon. Build plans; hx35/ht4b, 5-speed swap, 80 horse injectors, timing, studs, and so on. I am not very familiar with my pump yet but am slowly learning. Also plan on airbags, trac bars, and upgraded brakes. Any input is appreciated and apologize for the extensive post.

Ive gone back and forth on transmissions and still favor the manual. The cost to upkeep ive figured is much cheaper and more reliable with the manual. And if i did build the auto good chance i would go with goerend components and just cant foot that bill right now lol. Ive done a 5-speed swap before and it wasnt that bad.

Back