traction bar advise

dodgemaniac

i bought my truck with traction bars on it that were made for sled pulling. i found that when pulling a trailer it would buck so i took the bars off but now between 2000 and 22000 rpm. the truck will buck slightly without a trailer on so i am wanting to put the bars back on to see if it will help.

what i am wanting to know is how i should adjust them. should i tighten them up pulling in or pushing the rear axle back and how much?
thanks.

Wonder if the bars were designed correctly to maintain the proper geometry ?

Are you sure its not bucking because of GSK adjustment?

can you explain more? I have 4k gsk's and i know there not adusted right to fuel up to 4000rpm.

Also i put the bars back on and tightened them to push the rear back slightly and it didnt have the problem.

The GSK would make sense. mine started bucking on me at about 1000 rpm's if i just rest my foot on the skinny pedel, but if im in it hard it wont do it at all.

I had a bounce issue also with the 4GSK. Try loosening them one click and see if that helps. Might have to try it a couple of times. Also one spring may be tighter than the other which will cause a problem that is more pronounced with a load on the truck.

Had a truck the customer said would buck really bad around 1800-2200 rpm.I was under the hood to adjust gsk for the 5th time and seen the barrels had been turned.I asked him if he done it himself he said ya. pulled the pump sent it to be balanced runs smoth as glass now.

Back